View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 05:38 PM

Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,123 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Reflect View Post
I think the CHL would be shooting themselves in their collective feet if they didn't at least entertain some type of compensation.
For those inclined to go for post-secondary education, the prospect of cash now and education later the CHL is attractive. For those who aren't contemplating college or university, the CHL is the best option. Also, for those who like the limelight or the pro-style schedule and attention, the CHL wins again, so it is not an complete slam dunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Reflect View Post
I personally feel the players should receive some compensation.... I think we already know there are some teams providing additional enticements to players. Should be very interesting.
I think this is what it is going to boil down to - the players receiving a larger piece of the pie.

You can factor in equipment, travel, meals, accommodation, and wear and tear on the mascot costume - but bottom line franchises are profitable. I think you will see something akin to the Standard Player Contract in the NHL, just at a much lower level.

Last edited by NiceDawg; 11-16-2016 at 05:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: