View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,638 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default World Jr Hockey (Thomas and Tomasino)

This past summer, it was pretty obvious that Dale Hunter really liked Thomas’ game. Hunter was playing Thomas Top 6 forward minutes and had him on the number one PP and PK units. Akil Thomas followed his impressive play at the World Junior Showcase this summer, with another impressive international game with coach Dale Hunter behind the bench.

Last night’s performance can only improve Thomas’ shot of making Canada’s world junior team and along with his early season play - increase his trade value.

Akil Thomas leads Team OHL past Team Russia in Game 3 of series – sportsnet.ca
Canadian Press: November 7, 2019, 10:29 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juni...game-3-series/

GAME HIGHLIGHTS
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...19-ohl-4-rus-1

*Tomasino with a nice individual effort in the highlight package*

2019 WORLD JR SUMMER SHOWCASE REPORT
Thomas was engaged in all three zones, making smart plays and getting involved rather than lurking on the perimeter. His ability and willingness to play up and down the lineup, in whatever position he’s asked to take, could bode well for him being selected to represent Canada at the upcoming World Juniors tournament. “I can take faceoffs, I can play center, I can play wing, I can be a power forward, I can be a playmaker,” Thomas said in describing his versatility.

He also caught the eye of the broadcast team (Craig Button), “Akil Thomas is having an unbelievably great game.”

Thomas with standout performances for Canada vs Sweden
*Craig Button discusses Thomas' play @1:00 – 1:45*