Thread: Off-topic posts
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 11:19 AM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I would say an underwhelming performance throughout the preseason. Its really hard to make any definitive calls on this team roster-wise with the Dogs missing pretty much all of their top players. I just like to get through the first bit of the season relatively healthy, and getting all their players back.
I would also like to see Oliver Castleman put some pucks in the net to pump up his trade value. I hate to use the same word, but I think weve seen the effect of trading a player too early in the NHL already this year, with the Erik Karlsson trade to SJ, and the Max Pacioretty trade to Las Vegas. In both cases, I think OTT and MTL made those trades waaay too early, and so really got screwed on the return. Let Karlsson and MP play a bit, and see if the offers improve. Same with Castleman.
There's a big risk involved there though. Especially with Karlsson and his injury history. If he gets injured, then you get nothing at all for him. Montreal actually did okay for the return on Patches.

I'm amazed that Ottawa couldn't do better for Karlsson though.