Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,366    Downloads: 1,058,437   Msgs Posted: 119,173   Thread Views: 20,182,477   Online Now: 82
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:21 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,019 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
When is this draft anyway?
The draft is on the last week of June or first week of July.

Here are the dates for the last 5 Import Drafts:
Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
Tuesday, June 28, 2016.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013.

Most likely date for the 2018 Import Draft: Wednesday, June 27th.

Last edited by Blacksox; 05-23-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The draft is on the last week of June or first week of July.

Here are the dates for the last 5 Import Drafts:
Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
Tuesday, June 28, 2016.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013.

Most likely date for the 2018 Import Draft: Wednesday, June 27th.

I would personally do it after the NHL draft so you can see what teams are thinking about doing with (insert name here) but that makes too much sense so Iíll say itís before the NHL draft
Old 05-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,019 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I would personally do it after the NHL draft so you can see what teams are thinking about doing with (insert name here) but that makes too much sense so Iíll say itís before the NHL draft
Just FYI. The Import Draft is after the NHL draft.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Just FYI. The Import Draft is after the NHL draft.
Yes I had a feeling it was after I was just giving an opinion
Old 05-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,327 Times in 799 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

In my opinion, our Ice Dogs have not had a lot of success over the years with the import draft.
Without trying to disrespect any players, there just a few players that have come to mind.

I remember Sebastian Dahm, the goaltender who came here at the deadline (I believe) to help us make the playoffs that season (2007-2008). Very good goalie and we made the playoffs. TRADED FOR

Marco Insam also comes to mind. In 126 games, he scored 32 goals, 28 assists for 60 points. DRAFTED

Simon Grondvalt who came to us along with Ryan Strome deal that sent Alex Pietroangelo to Barrie. That was a big trade involving other players and picks. He was eventually traded to Belleville. TRADED FOR

Also, Milan Doudera, a defenseman who played here for a couple of season. DRAFTED

In 2010 2011, a Niagara and Windsor trade brought us Tom Kuchnakl from Windsor. Our import Goalie Jaroslav Pavelka went to Windsor as part of that deal. He did not last long in Windsor.[u] TRADED FOR[/U]

Alexdre Mikulovich was a good pick for us, in my opinion and became a favorite here before graduating to the next level. DRAFTED

Mikkel Aagaard became a fan favorite here, but I believe that his off-ice agenda played a part of his being moved to Sudbury. I liked the young man. DRAFTED

Did I miss someone or am I over or underrating some of these players?

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 05-24-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: made a couple of corrections
Old 05-24-2018, 04:48 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

these two players played 1 season Ondrej Kopta czech 12-13 and Alexander Protapovich russia 13-14 plus our last two imports
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 05:01 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

plus these two other players had a cup of coffee with us David Sysala czech 12-13 and Petteri Simila fin 09-10
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 05:52 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,327 Times in 799 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I was just thinking back to any year when one of our import players made a real good impact on their roster.
Sebastian Dahm for example, made an instant impact and helped back stop our team into the last playoff spot.

My conclusion might be that we have not had much luck with our drafted players, remembering that Dahm was brought in at the deadline or near the deadline.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:14 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,485 Times in 814 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Not exactly, Williamson let it be known numerous times that the Dogs have zero scouts over there. They depended on Williamsons “connections” when it came to the import draft. With him gone, who knows how they’ll go about it? Maybe, not having his connections last year played a part in not getting any imports and going the “screw London” route instead.

I have to say.
If we are going to draft imports like Sysala, Kopta, the guy last year who quit, Pavel ‘the Jean machine’ Demin, or the one Czech dman who sucked and had the bum shoulder (can’t remember both of those guys names) - oh Doudera was the dman, or a crappy goalie like Petterri Similia, lol,

I’d much rather they go the ‘screw London route’ 100% of the time ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 01:16 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,485 Times in 814 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
these two players played 1 season Ondrej Kopta czech 12-13 and Alexander Protapovich russia 13-14 plus our last two imports

Both were Jr B players AT BEST... awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk