Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,803    Downloads: 2,163,907   Msgs Posted: 135,112   Thread Views: 35,798,595   Online Now: 110
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:50 PM

Thanked 3,608 Times in 1,990 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I'd be surprised if it happens, but I'll throw a dart...

SSM
London
Kingston
Niagara
My dart landed on the third wave (featuring the UK variant). I figure by then 12 fans might have been vaccinated.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 11:54 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,805 Times in 1,944 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

As insignificant and meaningless, a 20+ game tournament will be in the OHL history books, the recent signing of Carson Rehkop, a project Top 4 pick in the 2021 OHL Priority Draft - is exactly why the OHL are willing to look beyond financial losses and return to play, as soon as the government grants them permission.

At this point, the Mem-Cup is unimportant – but some form of OHL hockey is critical for the long term sustainability of the league.

Muskegon Lumberjacks Sign Forward Carson Rehkopf to Tender (Feb 15, 2021)
https://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/...e/show/1146422
“Growing up in Ontario, being surrounded by the OHL, that's all I ever knew or followed,” said Rehkopf. “Up until this year, I didn't know much about the USHL and what the league does for its players. Once I was educated on the league and Muskegon's program, I felt the program was the best fit for me as a player and person. From the coaching staff to the fans, I feel that Muskegon has the best environment for players who want to succeed at the next levels.”

Old 02-16-2021, 09:10 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,246 Times in 1,272 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
As insignificant and meaningless, a 20+ game tournament will be in the OHL history books, the recent signing of Carson Rehkop, a project Top 4 pick in the 2021 OHL Priority Draft - is exactly why the OHL are willing to look beyond financial losses and return to play, as soon as the government grants them permission.

At this point, the Mem-Cup is unimportant – but some form of OHL hockey is critical for the long term sustainability of the league.

Muskegon Lumberjacks Sign Forward Carson Rehkopf to Tender (Feb 15, 2021)
https://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/...e/show/1146422
“Growing up in Ontario, being surrounded by the OHL, that's all I ever knew or followed,” said Rehkopf. “Up until this year, I didn't know much about the USHL and what the league does for its players. Once I was educated on the league and Muskegon's program, I felt the program was the best fit for me as a player and person. From the coaching staff to the fans, I feel that Muskegon has the best environment for players who want to succeed at the next levels.”

U really think the government is going to grant them permission ?

Maybe without body contact lol

So as meaningless as the tournament would be anyways, let?s make it more meaningless without body contact ... can?t imagine many (any) of the good imports will even bother showing up either ...

Wow

Unreal

One playoffs, one whole season, and another playoffs, essentially flushed down the drain .... in so glad we were rebuilding during all of this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2021, 12:48 PM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Still no date set for OHL return
By Bill Potrecz - February 17, 2021
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/stil...or-ohl-return/

“...we haven’t been informed of any of that kind of stuff,” Burke said. “We haven’t got too much clarity, one way or the other, from the league, but I do know we are working with the government on everything.”

“If we’re able to get a 20-24 game schedule in and we’re able to wrap it up by the end of June, then I really think it is viable and it is an option. But certainly if we start to drift beyond that it will be past point of no return unfortunately and we’ll have to switch our sights to next year.”

Burke feels if it is safe, pretty much any type of schedule would be beneficial. “We still have a young group in the grand scheme of things and it’s important to get guys like (Pano) Fimas and (Brice) Cook and (Alec) Leonard, just get them as 16-year-olds acclimatized to the pace and the speed all that kind of stuff,” he said. “It’s so important from our end just to get the experience so they can hit the ground running in their 17-year-old year and be all the more comfortable. “While it is short and not ideal, it certainly is very important to get anything for these guys.”
Old 02-18-2021, 05:42 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and we’re able to wrap it up by the end of June,
That is the first hint I have seen that they plan on going into June.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:36 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,246 Times in 1,272 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
That is the first hint I have seen that they plan on going into June.

They planned on starting in November, then January, then March, now June.

Just start planning for September IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2021, 10:51 AM
Top Prospect

ckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'd be surprised if it happens, but I'll throw a dart...

SSM
London
Kingston
Niagara
I think you hit the bullseye.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:26 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,329 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

https://www.thesudburystar.com/sport...mpression=true
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
The headline is discouraging, but the actual content is not…

“We are looking for ways to enable the OHL to come back to the game — possibly with bubble towns — in the hope that there will be hockey before the NHL draft,” MacLeod told Radio Canada. “We’re working around the clock to figure out how to get there. We know how the OHL is important for the cultural fabric of this province.”

As was the case with the NHL and the AHL, the two sides will work cooperatively to develop a return to play plan that satisfies Ontario’s safety protocols. The Q and WHL were able to sign-off on an agreement so no reason to expect that the OHL cannot follow suit.
An actual 20-21 OHL season is no longer possible, but at least these kids (especially those draft eligible) can resume their career aspirations.

#somethingisbetterthannothing
Old 02-21-2021, 02:31 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,323 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

The WHL has been ok'd to play in the Province of Alberta where only Alberta teams will play each other. Saskatchewan has also given approval to play and will bring Winnipeg team into their loop.
The US based teams will play in their own division.

Question..... Has British Columbia granted permission for its team to play yet?