Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,832    Downloads: 2,553,028   Msgs Posted: 136,221   Thread Views: 39,851,486   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,367 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

It's been said, and it's well known, but.. BOTH THESE HOME GAMES ARE *MUST WIN*.

If we split the series, it's over. We have to make this best of seven a best of 3 with a clean slate.

On home ice Ottawa outplayed us more than the score showed in game 1, but I thought we came back a lot stronger in game 2.

I'll admit that just making it in to the playoffs this year seemed like a goal out of reach a couple months ago, but now that we're here, why not kick out Ottawa in the first round, again.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
It's been said, and it's well known, but.. BOTH THESE HOME GAMES ARE *MUST WIN*.

If we split the series, it's over. We have to make this best of seven a best of 3 with a clean slate.

On home ice Ottawa outplayed us more than the score showed in game 1, but I thought we came back a lot stronger in game 2.

I'll admit that just making it in to the playoffs this year seemed like a goal out of reach a couple months ago, but now that we're here, why not kick out Ottawa in the first round, again.
Sounds like a good plan to me...We need to start playing a lot tougher now that we are home in our own arena...Tonight let's hope that the fans ARE the SIXTH MAN
The Following User Says Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,500 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

They need to come out flying right from the drop of the puck. Get the forecheck going and throw their weight around.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
3rd Line

Stuey Griffin will become famous soon enough

A few things to note... It's 7th MAN people, not sixth! You already have six players on the ice. Does your goalie not count as a player or is he just a sieve??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuey Griffin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
3rd Line

Kat will become famous soon enough

The Pre-game fan fest should help some people get in the mood for excitement lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
3rd Line

Okay I have been reading some of your silly comments about this whole fan atmosphere thing and I find it rather amusing and laughable to be honest with you. Do you really think that a tiny, pathetic and minuet crowd of 3,145 is going to throw off the Ottawa 67's or their fans for that matter? People Ottawa is used to playing in an arena that seats over 3X the size of your little sardine box. Hell I've even seen broom closets bigger than your rink. Plus Ottawa fans regularly fill the Scotia Bank Place to cheer on the Sens in a 20,500 seat arena. Didn't any of you watch the WJC tournament last year? The atmosphere and electricity in that building was so loud it cannot be compared to some little matchbox that the IceMuts play in! The St Catherine’s rink is very junior and minor league!! Whoa… I’m so scared! The 67's are used to the big crowd. They've clearly sent message to you people a few weeks back by winning in your barn! There will be no upsets this year. Ottawa took you way too lightly last year so they be no shenanigans like what happened previously. The 67's will beat you, and beat you good this time. We'll spit the next two games and then take you down back at home on Sunday. Ottawa clearly has been the better team outplaying you in every aspect. We will get our revenge and this is a dish best served cold! We physically outhit you in the first two games and won all the fights! The Asylum intimidated your boys... Just ask your players how much they enjoyed the antics that went on behind their players bench? hehe!

Last edited by Stuey Griffin; 03-23-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 PM
2nd Line

dv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuey Griffin View Post
Okay I have been reading some of your silly comments about this whole fan atmosphere thing and I find it rather amusing and laughable to be honest with you. Do you really think that a tiny, pathetic and minuet crowd of 3,145 is going to throw off the Ottawa 67's or their fans for that matter? People Ottawa is used to playing in an arena that seats over 3X the size of your little sardine box. Hell I've even seen broom closets bigger than your rink. Plus Ottawa fans regularly fill the Scotia Bank Place to cheer on the Sens in a 20,500 seat arena. Didn't any of you watch the WJC tournament last year? The atmosphere and electricity in that building was so loud it cannot be compared to some little matchbox that the IceMuts play in! The St Catherine’s rink is very junior and minor league!! Whoa… I’m so scared! The 67's are used to the big crowd. They've clearly sent message to you people a few weeks back by winning in your barn! There will be no upsets this year. Ottawa took you way too lightly last year so they be no shenanigans like what happened previously. The 67's will beat you, and beat you good this time. We'll spit the next two games and then take you down back at home on Sunday. Ottawa clearly has been the better team outplaying you in every aspect. We will get our revenge and this is a dish best served cold! We physically outhit you in the first two games and won all the fights! The Asylum intimidated your boys... Just ask your players how much they enjoyed the antics that went on behind their players bench? hehe! fficeffice" />>>

Looks like we have an Asylum troll.......

Remember everyone do not feed the troll, he will go back and hide under his bridge......

Last edited by dv8; 03-23-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 PM
3rd Line

Default More to Come! Go Ottawa Go!!

http://www.rogerstv.com/option.asp?l...d=44&gid=64802

http://www.rogerstv.com/option.asp?l...d=44&gid=64788
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
A few things to note... It's 7th MAN people, not sixth! You already have six players on the ice. Does your goalie not count as a player or is he just a sieve??
Do we really have to go through this for the 20th time? Please read old posts on here and do a search - this has been explained OVER AND OVER again.

When there's 1 man in the box, do YOU say it's 5-on-4 or 6-on-5 ?

When there's 2 men in the box, do you say it's a 6-on-4 power play or a 5-on-3 power play?

In overtime, when there's 1 less skater, do you say it's 5-on-5 or 4-on-4 overtime ?

I THINK I'VE MADE MY POINT! COUNTLESS TIMES!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "SIXTH MAN" is referring to the SIXTH SKATER.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GOD, IF YOU EXIST, MAKE THIS THE LAST TIME WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS !!!

EDIT: I just realized after reading another msg of your that you're an Ottawa fan. I now know why this needed to be explained...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 03:11 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Okay I have been reading some of your silly comments about this whole fan atmosphere thing and I find it rather amusing and laughable to be honest with you. Do you really think that a tiny, pathetic and minuet crowd of 3,145 is going to throw off the Ottawa 67's or their fans for that matter? People Ottawa is used to playing in an arena that seats over 3X the size of your little sardine box.

You have obviously never heard the MANY TIMES our players have said in interviews that the fans here really give them a huge energy boost and that it's almost like having an extra skater out there.

And our crowds may be tiny, but what's really pathetic is that we make 3X more noise than the Ottawa crowds which are 3X bigger. The atmosphere in our building is far more exciting than anything Ottawa can produce. IMO.

Those games in Ottawa was klike watching a funeral procession, and it was reflected on the ice by dreary play. If you're going to go on about how tiny our barn is and how few people we can fit into it, how come all your masses of people are so quiet? Maybe half of them were on their way to the library game nights and mistakenly ended up at the 67's games ???

The fact is, sure... the 67's may very well win this round. But we were just happy to MAKE IT into the playoffs this year, and our team is POISED TO RULE YOU in the near future. So please, continue to throw comments out there about how badly you're going to win this round, because you probably will. But in the upcoming years when we've got a better team than Ottawa night in night out, you won't see us doing the same thing you're doing - our fans have more class.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post: