Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,705    Downloads: 1,523,404   Msgs Posted: 128,582   Thread Views: 25,360,448   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold

No (or limited) standing - very p/o's people in section A (heard them at last night's game) - charging for parking (still to be determined) - this is not a good start. This is supposed to be a positive change, good for the team, good for the city - why are some of the decision-makers making this more difficult than it should be - I agree with AlphaDog - make it affordable and for the fans - we don't need an Air Canada wannabe where only corporate can afford to go to games!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

For every person that gives up their tickets, there will be two that buy tickets. I know a person who has been to maybe 5 games since they've moved here, he purchased a luxury suite. I know two other people that have never bought season tickets before and recently bought 4 seasons and the other guy bought two for next year.

Personally, I think that club seats in the end is not only a dumb idea, but it won't work, I can't see people that want the best seats in the house sitting in some of the worst for better food options.

That said, there is no way to keep everyone happy. If the club seats didn't go on the end they would go on one of the sides. If it went on the sides those people would either have to move or pay a substantial price increase. Point being... club seats are going to go somewhere. They are going to displace some people, those people will be pissed.

People have to remember, it's a new arena with a new design and a different layout. It's not the Jack, things will be different. You can't scream I want a new arena because this one is old and sucks and the layout is garbage then complain that the new arena isn't like the old one.

Sounds like a lot of people are saying "we want change".... "as long as it doesn't effect me".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
2nd Line

blackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other members

It looks like roughly 2/3 of the seats in Section G & H you would be looking through mesh. I'd rather watch a game on Eastlink Cable but if the Dogs think someone will pay extra for that, good luck.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM
3rd Line

hockfan will become famous soon enough

Good points made by all. Shows how much we care. Puts a smile on my face!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 PM
3rd Line

NightHawk2810 will become famous soon enoughNightHawk2810 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to NightHawk2810

I have been in Section A for 6 years as a season ticket holder i can't afford to sit there at that price .
Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,091 Times in 744 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I also sat in section A and cannot afford the club seats but has for the net after a few minutes you do not it is there has your eyes adjust my new seats are on the side but high up so I imagine it will be a great view. I also heard if the city does not sell the club seats they will be re open to the public or they just my use one section time will tell .
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Serving a Suspension

CoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockfan View Post
I understand what the city is trying to do, but what might work in other cities just might not fly here. Niagara has one if not the highest unemployment rate in all of Ontario and a very aging population. Sure TMC will be rockin' once the doors open this fall, but once the party is over the product on the ice will determine the attendance. Corporate seats sit empty as it is. And they have a hard time filling their seats by giving tickets away. "Tonights attendance 2893. Look around, there was no 2893. Seems like they are catering to some and forgetting about who really fills the rink, night after night. THE FANS, not the bandwagon. You will be hearing one day, boy I miss the Jack.

damn your so negative...

ridic....the synics are the cancer of our society
Old 03-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Serving a Suspension

CoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by others

when your guys finally sit your butt's into one of these new seats... all this mindless and sick negativity will be forgotten.. this place will be amazing. We are all so lucky.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:41 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
For every person that gives up their tickets, there will be two that buy tickets. I know a person who has been to maybe 5 games since they've moved here, he purchased a luxury suite. I know two other people that have never bought season tickets before and recently bought 4 seasons and the other guy bought two for next year.
Why would he purchase a luxury suite if he's not going to go? It can't be because of the arena - didn't you say before that the product on the ice is what sells the tickets? That real fans will put up with the problems of the Jack in order to see the Dogs play?

Quote:
People have to remember, it's a new arena with a new design and a different layout. It's not the Jack, things will be different. You can't scream I want a new arena because this one is old and sucks and the layout is garbage then complain that the new arena isn't like the old one.
I didn't see anyone screaming that. (???) I believe you're misreading msgs. The standing room people love their standing room - they've taken that away (apparently).

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of people are saying "we want change".... "as long as it doesn't effect me".
The disappearance of the standing room does NOT affect me. I've always had a seated ticket. But I still feel for their loss as I know those guys loved their standing room spots. And from what I can remember, I seem to recall 'important aspects' of the new rink when the city was planning it, was that they KNEW standing room was important and would incorporate it into the new building. Apparently not. Like I said, it doesn't affect me in the least, but I still would like those people to have their standing room available to them.

Last edited by AlphaDog; 03-07-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Why would he purchase a luxury suite if he's not going to go? It can't be because of the arena - didn't you say before that the product on the ice is what sells the tickets? That real fans will put up with the problems of the Jack in order to see the Dogs play?
Entertaining clients in a private suite is a lot easier than on wooden benches. Nowhere did I say he was a "real fan".

IIRC, I said the fans make the atmosphere not the colour of paint on the walls. I don't remember mentioning anything to do with the product on the ice.

But, yeah I don't think people will stay home because there isn't a second tier or a domed roof.

Last edited by fishfan51; 03-07-2014 at 02:36 PM.