Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,714,694   Msgs Posted: 132,693   Thread Views: 28,715,294   Online Now: 225
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:19 AM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of
Default Marty needs to go

How the JHS trade is looking so far:

Hayden McCool
3 GP, 1 G, 3 A, 4 Pts, -2 P/M, 0 PIM

Josh Ho-Sang
3 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pts, -3 P/M, 2 PIM

There is something seriously wrong with the Niagara IceDogs and it is looking more and more like a coaching problem. A player under-performing here leaves and is on a great run with a new team. A great performer leaves his old team and comes here and is under-performing. Last night would have been really ugly if not for the play of Brandon Hope. Our systems are ineffective. Our power play is horrendous and we can't buy a goal. Time for some drastic changes.

I'm sorry that this is coming across so negative but I am tired of watching the same crap game after game. This team was a lot more fun to watch last year when they weren't expected to do anything.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Serving a Suspension

PuckerMan is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Time the Burkes read the riot act to the coach as well as the players. Saw an interesting tweet from Ho-Sang 8 or so hours ago, he says " Everyone has their breaking point". Don't know what that means, or if it is even hockey related, but feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves. Lol. Josh is very offensive minded, hopefully he can be put with the right players(the coaches job), and do what he does best.

Last edited by PuckerMan; 11-22-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Serving a Suspension

Hexum is absolutely hated by othersHexum is absolutely hated by others

I really love coming on this forum to skim through all the threads. I love everyone's passion for this team. I often read these threads and share them with my friends in the hockey world. Sometimes I share them because they are good topics that are interesting and the other half of the time I share them because it's really funny.
You wanna fire Marty?
You wanna fire a coach and GM that is one of the best hockey men in this league ? One of the best in the CHL?
You wanna fire a coach and GM who is coaching an injury riddled team?
A 'fire Marty ' thread or rant shows your lack of true knowledge for the game and what is actually happening on the ice or within the organization. That being said I understand your frustrations as we have always had a winning team. Perhaps you need to step back and really think about what your about to post before you do out of frustration. Marty is 5 star ... The the team is a 3 star team performing at a much lower level due to injuries.Anyone who thought this team was going to be at the top this year was silly. Next year I can see it yes.. You all read articles and had it in your heads they would be so good ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hexum For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 01:51 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Had nothing to do with the articles. We were a young up and coming team and should have been much better than this. Even with the injuries, we should not be playing worse than last year.

Williamson is fine as GM IMO, but he's not a good coach. He was outclassed twice in the OHL finals. We lost to a London team in 5 when we were easily the better team on Paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 02:36 PM
4th Line

eisdog is just really niceeisdog is just really niceeisdog is just really niceeisdog is just really niceeisdog is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
Had nothing to do with the articles. We were a young up and coming team and should have been much better than this. Even with the injuries, we should not be playing worse than last year.

Williamson is fine as GM IMO, but he's not a good coach. He was outclassed twice in the OHL finals. We lost to a London team in 5 when we were easily the better team on Paper.
I respectfully disagree. I agree we were better "on paper". That doesn't win games. We outplayed them in 3 out of the 4 games they won. Their defence and goaltending was impenetrable. That was the difference. Coaching had nothing to do with it.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with g squad!!!
MARTY IS NOT GETTING THE BEST OUT OF HIS PLAYERS AND NEEDS TO GO
I was never impressed with Marty from day one
Look at him in barrie- had the top team in the whole CHL about 5 years ago and got beat
He had an awesome team when we played london in the finals and we got totally outcoached
WE DID NOT OUTPLAY THEM 3 OUT OF THE 4 GAMES THEY WON

Imo, the team, except Hope, looks in total disarray
And as g squad mentioned, how is it that Mccool has been one of windsors better players every night???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 03:47 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexum View Post
I really love coming on this forum to skim through all the threads. I love everyone's passion for this team. I often read these threads and share them with my friends in the hockey world. Sometimes I share them because they are good topics that are interesting and the other half of the time I share them because it's really funny.
You wanna fire Marty?
You wanna fire a coach and GM that is one of the best hockey men in this league ? One of the best in the CHL?
You wanna fire a coach and GM who is coaching an injury riddled team?
A 'fire Marty ' thread or rant shows your lack of true knowledge for the game and what is actually happening on the ice or within the organization. That being said I understand your frustrations as we have always had a winning team. Perhaps you need to step back and really think about what your about to post before you do out of frustration. Marty is 5 star ... The the team is a 3 star team performing at a much lower level due to injuries.Anyone who thought this team was going to be at the top this year was silly. Next year I can see it yes.. You all read articles and had it in your heads they would be so good ...
How can you say marty is one of the best in the CHL???
What has he accomplished to make a statement like that
Has been to the finals twice and got totally outcoached , outplayed by weaker teams!!!
Didn't you mention, a few weeks ago, that there is some bad attitude on this team
Well isn't that up to the coach, GM to address and fix the problem???
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Two things are clear here: 1) this team has been utterly decimated by injuries this year. And 2) because of the injuries, it has been impossible to get an accurate assessment of exactly what the Dogs are, and where they need to go from here. There's no doubt in my mind that Brendan Perlini's hand injury is much worse than what was originally diagnosed. If he's had the pins now taken out of his hand, you'd think he would have been back by now.
I think if it weren't for all the injuries(including the one to our best player) the Dogs would likely be waaay ahead of where they are now.
I'm really starting to wonder if the team's almost complete lack of success is on Marty. I almost hope it isn't, because we know Williamson isn't going anywhere, given how tight he is with the Burkes.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,157 Times in 681 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Well if Perlini's cast and pins just came out last week he won't be back for a couple weeks since he needs to strengthen the hand before he returns and we can't keep blaming Marty for games that we only score 1 goal in...he can send the players out there but he can't put the puck in the net.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Serving a Suspension

PuckerMan is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Hope played great last night, so sit him out tonight. That's what gives us the best chance to win tonight, right? We need to put out the right players that give us a chance to get back in a playoff spot. Until Mr. inconsistency gets more consistent, I believe that means Hope should play. Anyways I guess it does come down to increasing our scoring output, just think Hope gives us more hope in a low scoring game.(.975 save % in his last 3 games, I wouldn't sit him)

Last edited by PuckerMan; 11-22-2014 at 06:16 PM.