Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,651,677   Msgs Posted: 130,837   Thread Views: 27,611,635   Online Now: 117
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:55 PM
Rookie

Dogtired will become famous soon enough
Default Enright and Rosenzweig invited to U-17 Camp

Congratulations to defenceman Isaac Enright and goalie Josh Rosenzweig for being invited to Hockey Canada U-17 Development Camp. I have heard some good things about Rozenzwig who seems to be a very good 5th round pick.

One glaring omission was 3rd round pick defenceman Landon Cato. Despite being the 11th Canadian defenceman selected in the 2019 priority draft, he was not one of the 12 defencemen selected for the camp. I bring this up because many people I have spoken to have this misconception that Cato was a steal of a pick in the third round and one person even suggested that Cato is really a late first round pick that fell in the draft due to his interest in the NCAA.

However, it would appear that as far as Hockey Canada is concerned, Cato is a third round player that perhaps was even selected slightly earlier than he should have been. This isn’t a knock on Cato as I think he will develop into a good defenceman for us. But I think fans need to be patient with his development as he is not as OHL ready as some of you are being lead to believe.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:33 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtired View Post
Congratulations to defenceman Isaac Enright and goalie Josh Rosenzweig for being invited to Hockey Canada U-17 Development Camp. I have heard some good things about Rozenzwig who seems to be a very good 5th round pick.

One glaring omission was 3rd round pick defenceman Landon Cato. Despite being the 11th Canadian defenceman selected in the 2019 priority draft, he was not one of the 12 defencemen selected for the camp. I bring this up because many people I have spoken to have this misconception that Cato was a steal of a pick in the third round and one person even suggested that Cato is really a late first round pick that fell in the draft due to his interest in the NCAA.

However, it would appear that as far as Hockey Canada is concerned, Cato is a third round player that perhaps was even selected slightly earlier than he should have been. This isn’t a knock on Cato as I think he will develop into a good defenceman for us. But I think fans need to be patient with his development as he is not as OHL ready as some of you are being lead to believe.
Hockey Canada is subject to oversights just like anyone else.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,121 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
Hockey Canada is subject to oversights just like anyone else.

True

And the Burke’s like to pump their own tires as well ....

The proof will be in the training camp scrimmages and regular season ... I omit ex games as since the Dogs were pumping him up so much he’s pretty
Much a lock to
Make the team ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,630 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtired View Post

Well, it sure would be a ground breaking if an American (Parma, Ohio) was selected for Canada U-17 Development Camp.

2019 NTDP Evaluation Camp Roster Announced
PLYMOUTH, Mich. - Fifty-two of the top American hockey players born in 2003 have been invited to USA Hockey's National Team Development Program Evaluation Camp. The camp, which will help select the 2019-20 U.S. National Under-17 Team, will take place March 21-25, at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan.

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1003409
30 Landon Cato Defenseman 2003-03-31 Parma, Ohio Toronto Nats MM University of Massachusetts Amherst (HEA)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 01:13 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Well, it sure would be a ground breaking if an American (Parma, Ohio) was selected for Canada U-17 Development Camp.
Not really. The OHL website has his hometown listed as Toronto. In any case he has dual citizenship allowing him to be eligible for either the US or Canadian camp.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:11 AM

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,900 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Not really. The OHL website has his hometown listed as Toronto. In any case he has dual citizenship allowing him to be eligible for either the US or Canadian camp.
I don't worry about the politics of a team selection. I am way more intrigued by what happens at camp and on our ice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 07:01 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
This is really not that difficult to follow. The reason Landon Cato was NOT chosen for the Canada’s U17 team Developmental Camp – is because Cato was selected to the US U-17 NDTP Evaluation Camp.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 02:12 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
This is really not that difficult to follow. The reason Landon Cato was NOT chosen for the Canada’s U17 team Developmental Camp – is because Cato was selected to the US U-17 NDTP Evaluation Camp.
Your right it’s not difficult to follow. You said it would be “ground breaking” if Cato was selected to the Canadian U17 camp because he is American. I pointed out that it wouldn’t be “ground breaking” at all since he lives in Canada and has dual citizenship, which makes him eligible for either the US or Canadian team.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Your right it’s not difficult to follow. You said it would be “ground breaking” if Cato was selected to the Canadian U17 camp because he is American. I pointed out that it wouldn’t be “ground breaking” at all since he lives in Canada and has dual citizenship, which makes him eligible for either the US or Canadian team.
Landon Cato attended the USA U17 NTDP Selection Camp in March 2019 and also participated with USA hockey U15. Canada’s U17 Development Camp, which will be held in July 2019, was announced last week. Having dual citizenship is irrelevant; Cato is ineligible to participate in both. If Cato was allowed to participate, he would be the first to have done that in the same year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: