Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,801    Downloads: 2,097,858   Msgs Posted: 135,059   Thread Views: 35,026,899   Online Now: 166
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,798 Times in 1,939 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Mason Howard Interview Highlights
Audio Credit: Dog Pound Podcast hosted by @Caputz13 and @JustKyle51

Old 12-10-2020, 10:10 AM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Brady Hinz ready to suit up in front of the IceDogs faithful
https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/h...edogs-faithful

“We like to play fast and Brady has explosive speed and good skill….Brady has flirted with 20 goals the past three seasons and we think he has another level he can get to offensively.”

Sims working hard to improve
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/sims...rd-to-improve/

Sims has been skating five times a week and also hitting the gym four times every seven days in an effort to hone his game and body. “I’ve been taking this time to really craft my game for next year to get bigger, stronger, better.”

Sims has been skating with other local high-end players including Niagara teammates A.J. Cook, Landon Cato and Jackson Doherty. “We’re getting in exhibition games with OHL and AHL players from around the area so it’s getting me into game shape,” he said. “I’m seeing the skills I’ve been doing over the summer translate into my game.”
Old 12-13-2020, 11:28 AM

Swiss U20 National Team: Preliminary World Cup squad is in place (Dec. 12, 2020)

U20 head coach Marco Bayer made his first cuts. The Swiss U20 national team will now travel to Canada with a squad of 3 goalies and 25 players (which includes Giancarlo Chanton) . Preparations for the World Cup continue in the Bubble (Rogers Place) with matches against the USA (Sunday, Dec. 20) and Sweden (Tuesday, Dec. 22).

The final Swiss U20 World Cup squad (3 goalies, 22 players) will be announced on Wednesday, Dec. 23rd. Switzerland opens the World Juniors on Christmas Day against Slovakia.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Landon Cato Interview Highlights
Video Credit: YourTV IceDog Xtra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khnN-SDFbTk

Cato ready for sophomore season
By Bill Potrecz
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/cato...homore-season/

Cato’s feels his comfort level heading into his sophomore season will be an important asset. “I’ve played enough to be confident in this league. I know I belong now and I just need to show people I’m here and ready to show people what I have,” he said.

Burke has no doubt Cato will be a key component heading forward. “Landon is a guy who will be a big core piece of our back end for years to come,” he said. “He is a big, right-shot defender that’s gonna continue to fill out, can skate with underrated skill and is legit tough.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:00 AM

Cam Snow Interview Highlights

Snow and Teakle Hope Familiarity Brings Success in Niagara
By JOEL VANDERLAAN
https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/s...ity-to-niagara

“Snowy’s is super talented for a kid of his stature. He plays a lot bigger than he is. The biggest thing he needs going forward is he just needs to relax and let the game come to him. He tries to be the best at everything he does” the Assistant Coach (Teakle) said.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:12 PM

A pair of IceDogs poised to take the next step, once the team returns to the ice...Agostinelli and Snow Highlights.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:45 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this on twitter today thoughts? I assume he was Panos winger

Oshawa spent a boatload of draft picks (nine total; including six second rounders, one third & two fourths) for Team Canada star Phil Tomasino. It’s been rumoured over the last few months that 2020 first rounder Aidan Castle was going to be “part two” of that trade. We’ll see.

Last edited by dogs777; 12-30-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:51 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,246 Times in 1,272 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Saw this on twitter today thoughts? I assume he was Panos winger

Oshawa spent a boatload of draft picks (nine total; including six second rounders, one third & two fourths) for Team Canada star Phil Tomasino. It?s been rumoured over the last few months that 2020 first rounder Aidan Castle was going to be ?part two? of that trade. We?ll see.

Can?t possibly imagine Oshawa would have to pay more than the exorbitant price that they already paid lol

But if so ........, come on down Aidan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2020, 09:29 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Can?t possibly imagine Oshawa would have to pay more than the exorbitant price that they already paid lol

But if so ........, come on down Aidan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think if it happened you’re giving them at least 4-5 picks which if we combined the trades it would be more what I expected from the trade in the first place (4-5 picks plus their first rounder) just a year later
Old 12-31-2020, 07:51 PM

World Juniors 2021 Scouting Report: Top 2021 Draft Prospect
LHD Giancarlo Chanton (SUI): OHL defenseman with the Niagara Ice Dogs, Chanton has been reliable on the penalty kill and consistently successful in beating back pressure with poise and smart passes. Chanton has ideal length for a defenseman (6-foot-1), uses effective stick-on-puck techniques, and keeps a tight gap while angling opponents to the outside.

OHL Prospects @BrockOtten Dec 29, 2020
Giancarlo Chanton definitely looks better (quicker, more poised, more confident) than he did with Niagara last OHL season. If the OHL season gets going, I could see him having a strong year with the IceDogs.

2021 NHL Draft Eligible Players (Giancarlo Chanton)
Controlled Zone Exit Leaders at the #WorldJuniors after Day 4:
* Any time a skater successfully carries the puck out or passes it out of his own zone, retaining possession.
https://mobile.twitter.com/hunterofs...58929437560833

#5 Giancarlo Chanton 2021 World Jrs

Last edited by Blacksox; 01-01-2021 at 08:21 AM.