Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,729    Downloads: 1,609,637   Msgs Posted: 129,222   Thread Views: 26,376,577   Online Now: 110
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:54 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

The player that makes the most sense has not been mentioned. I would guess it’s likely a player who was looking at going the NCAA route.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 03-23-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
The player that makes the most sense has not been mentioned. I would guess itís likely a player who was looking at going the NCAA route.
Since you seem to think you have the answer just say it instead of hinting at it
Old 03-23-2019, 10:34 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
It seems obvious to me who it likely is but I wouldnít want to say as in reality we really donít know.
It seems obvious to me what you are trying to say but you wouldn't want to say as in reality you really don't know.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:24 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have any of you read the articles on TSN and in the Standard? The TSN article said he played for 4 seasons. Why are you speculating that it could be a player that does not fit the criteria. If you think about it itís pretty easy to come up with an educated guess.
Ok so educate us?
Old 03-26-2019, 11:30 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Ok so educate us?
It's hard to teach anything from beneath a bridge.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:44 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Sorry I would not feel comfortable mentioning any names since the best I can do is an educated guess, which certainly isn’t 100% certain. However when you look at the past 5 years of Icedogs rosters, there are only 6 players who graduated with exactly 4 seasons playing with the IceDogs. Then you can eliminate players who went on to the NHL (they aren’t going to ruffle feathers for $40,000) and others who came back to work for the team. You are then left with a small group of players.

I bring this up because many of you are bringing up past players who don’t even fit the description and saying it’s likely this player or that player which isn’t really fair to those players.

As well many of you seem to think it’s some fringe player and that the Icedogs changed their mind about paying the player because he wasn’t as good as they thought. Again, reading the newspaper articles that does not seem to be the case. The Standard article said that Burke wanted the team and player to go to arbitration with Branch as the arbitrator. That indicates to me that the Icedogs truly did not believe an offer to pay the player was ever made but that if the arbitrator thought an offer was made, the IceDogs would pay.

Based on the information we know, it seems likely that with Marty and his scouts leaving the organization, there was some confusion as to what had been offered to the player and that the IceDogs and the player had conflicting opinions.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 03-27-2019 at 01:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2019, 09:32 PM
1st Line

Quote:
Sorry I would not feel comfortable mentioning any names since the best I can do is an educated guess, which certainly isnít 100% certain. However when you look at the past 5 years of Icedogs rosters, there are only 6 players who graduated with exactly 4 seasons playing with the IceDogs. Then you can eliminate players who went on to the NHL (they arenít going to ruffle feathers for $40,000) and others who came back to work for the team. You are then left with a small group of players.

I bring this up because many of you are bringing up past players who donít even fit the description and saying itís likely this player or that player which isnít really fair to those players.

As well many of you seem to think itís some fringe player and that the Icedogs changed their mind about paying the player because he wasnít as good as they thought. Again, reading the newspaper articles that does not seem to be the case. The Standard article said that Burke wanted the team and player to go to arbitration with Branch as the arbitrator. That indicates to me that the Icedogs truly did not believe an offer to pay the player was ever made but that if the arbitrator thought an offer was made, the IceDogs would pay.

Based on the information we know, it seems likely that with Marty and his scouts leaving the organization, there was some confusion as to what had been offered to the player and that the IceDogs and the player had conflicting opinions.
A lot of words to say nothing, congratulations.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
A lot of words to say nothing, congratulations.
The return of Stinky? Criticize everyone else while adding nothing. I thought 5FF was onto something, wished he would explain his theory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 07:31 PM
Rookie

Doggydog22 is on a distinguished road

I know someone who works in the office and she said all six scouts and assistant Dent all quit over the summer. Obviously they knew something we all didnít.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
If we are being told these sanctions are result of recruitment violations, could it not be related to the scouting staff?

There have been a lot of changes in the IceDogs scouting staff in the last few years? The IceDogs once had as many as 11 scouts - they are now down to 7.

For starters, in June of 2016, Niagara announced that Roger MacLeod would take over as the teamís new Director of Scouting. Who was their Director of Scouting previous to MacLeod?

Roger MacLeod Director of Scouting
Darryl Boulley ETA - Gone
Matt Milne SCTA/Goalies
Kenny Fleck Ottawa
Nathan Martine GTA - Gone
Steve Ludzik Jr. OJHL - Gone
Mark Seidel Northern Ontario - Gone

Steve Spade Michigan - Gone
Rich Lisk New Jersey - Gone

Rob Hubbert Player Development

ÖTim MacLean, Vince Tarantino and Brent Tomlinson all added this year.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:56 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggydog22 View Post
I know someone who works in the office and she said all six scouts and assistant Dent all quit over the summer. Obviously they knew something we all didnít.
Dent got a better offer. Don't know about the others.
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post: