Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,701    Downloads: 1,486,509   Msgs Posted: 128,421   Thread Views: 24,796,817   Online Now: 110
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:11 AM
Big League

Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,473 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
With our players looking for a division title I think they went a little nutso at the end of that game yesterday...with those idiot refs who knows what kind of trouble we may have gotten our selves into? Didn't look like our coach had much control over his guys at times..and who knows how many bodies we could be short going into this crucial weekend? Anyone else think we showed a little lack of discipline? Maybe it's just me.
I was saying this for weeks before the trade deadline, the IceDogs needed to add one or even two players who could step on the ice and defuse (or take care of) these situations. IceDogs have no one. Teams know it - and they are going after these guys uncontested. I'll give the IceDog players credit, they are trying to defend themselves but at what cost?

Just wait until the playoffs. All H#ll is going to break loose!
Old 03-15-2019, 08:13 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Thomas was absolutely tackled at the end of th game ... one of the Dogs’ best players .... what do you expect them to do ? I was mad that they didn’t jump in sooner ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A yeah duh...i get that part...but all the chirping ..Brassard blowing his stack...even Maximov skating down towards them as they were exiting the ice..The league frowns upon crap that goes on after after the final buzzer...we don't need to lose any MORE players for the rest of the weekend...I have No problem with them sticking up for each other believe me...it was nice to see
Old 03-15-2019, 08:16 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

The refereees were totally responsible for that game being the way it was. They totally lost control.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 08:51 AM

Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,826 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Thomas was absolutely tackled at the end of th game ... one of the Dogs’ best players .... what do you expect them to do ? I was mad that they didn’t jump in sooner ....
Here's my take on this, with my rose-coloured fan glasses safely stowed. The Dogs beat the Fish 4-2, Mississauga rallied in the second period but couldn't overcome the hefty deficit. Akil Thomas had a great game and was prominent in Niagara's win. Alan Lyszczarczyk who is normally a force for the Steelheads was corralled to one assist. Yet Thomas couldn't resist chirping him all the way to his bench but seemed surprised when Lyszczarczyk slashed him. The game is over, you won Akil, take the victory gracefully and get off the ice (ie. exactly what Maksimov did at the end of the game, yes really).

Now before you type in the comments about gamesmanship and honour or bravado, let's be honest - Akil Thomas is a prolific skater and has some of the deadliest hands in the league, but he is not the best at defending himself or others. No surprise Matt Brassard has to step in and save his teeth.

There are contributing factors to this. Brent Coulombe and Mike Hamilton deserve to be censured for their conduct in the game, their failure to take action promptly allowed the game to get out of hand (56 penalty minutes and 3 misconduct calls), and it happens regularly with them. They both observed infractions occurring right in front of them (both teams, remember no fan glasses here). Sooner than make the call or intervene in anyway they let it go. That tells one player that the conduct is allowed and tells the other player - no help here, better take matters into your own hands, then things escalate. Four or six players later the original two players each get a penalty. The message to the respective coaches at that point is (a) have your players hit first they won't get take a call, (b) have your worst players square off against their best and you take away opposing weapons.

I mentioned contributing factors but I am not stopping at the referees. James Richmond and Billy Burke each lost their composure and deserved to be thrown out of the game (Burke actually received a game misconduct at the end). Coulombe and Hamilton each have a history of taking matters personally and acting accordingly. Losing your cool with an official after every call eliminates any credibility you have as a professional and has a detrimental effect on the players. You become very easy for a ref to ignore when all you do is hurl abuse, but your team becomes very easy to punish as well. A wise coach reserves his anger for the right moments so when it is shown everyone recognizes the severity of the situation, not every call, not every game. As much as players and referees acquire reputations so do coaches.

Ok I am done now, fan-mode ON.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,138 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Here's my take on this, with my rose-coloured fan glasses safely stowed. The Dogs beat the Fish 4-2, Mississauga rallied in the second period but couldn't overcome the hefty deficit. Akil Thomas had a great game and was prominent in Niagara's win. Alan Lyszczarczyk who is normally a force for the Steelheads was corralled to one assist. Yet Thomas couldn't resist chirping him all the way to his bench but seemed surprised when Lyszczarczyk slashed him. The game is over, you won Akil, take the victory gracefully and get off the ice (ie. exactly what Maksimov did at the end of the game, yes really).

Now before you type in the comments about gamesmanship and honour or bravado, let's be honest - Akil Thomas is a prolific skater and has some of the deadliest hands in the league, but he is not the best at defending himself or others. No surprise Matt Brassard has to step in and save his teeth.

There are contributing factors to this. Brent Coulombe and Mike Hamilton deserve to be censured for their conduct in the game, their failure to take action promptly allowed the game to get out of hand (56 penalty minutes and 3 misconduct calls), and it happens regularly with them. They both observed infractions occurring right in front of them (both teams, remember no fan glasses here). Sooner than make the call or intervene in anyway they let it go. That tells one player that the conduct is allowed and tells the other player - no help here, better take matters into your own hands, then things escalate. Four or six players later the original two players each get a penalty. The message to the respective coaches at that point is (a) have your players hit first they won't get take a call, (b) have your worst players square off against their best and you take away opposing weapons.

I mentioned contributing factors but I am not stopping at the referees. James Richmond and Billy Burke each lost their composure and deserved to be thrown out of the game (Burke actually received a game misconduct at the end). Coulombe and Hamilton each have a history of taking matters personally and acting accordingly. Losing your cool with an official after every call eliminates any credibility you have as a professional and has a detrimental effect on the players. You become very easy for a ref to ignore when all you do is hurl abuse, but your team becomes very easy to punish as well. A wise coach reserves his anger for the right moments so when it is shown everyone recognizes the severity of the situation, not every call, not every game. As much as players and referees acquire reputations so do coaches.

Ok I am done now, fan-mode ON.
No problem from me as I agree with you.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:04 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I don't care how chippy the game was, players still have to show some classiness after a win.
Good on the refs who lost control of the game for giving the misconduct penalty to Brassard.

Thank you Blacksox for the info.
OH NO someone chirping someone else Iím shocked lol itís sports it happens
Old 03-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Big League

Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,473 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Here's my take on this, with my rose-coloured fan glasses safely stowed. The Dogs beat the Fish 4-2, Mississauga rallied in the second period but couldn't overcome the hefty deficit. Akil Thomas had a great game and was prominent in Niagara's win. Alan Lyszczarczyk who is normally a force for the Steelheads was corralled to one assist. Yet Thomas couldn't resist chirping him all the way to his bench but seemed surprised when Lyszczarczyk slashed him. The game is over, you won Akil, take the victory gracefully and get off the ice (ie. exactly what Maksimov did at the end of the game, yes really)..
Your regular glasses need a prescription update . The end of the game unfolded differently from what you remember. Akil Thomas finished of the game hard on the forecheck Ė likely trying to steal the puck and send everyone home with a cheeseburger As soon as the final buzzer sounded, absolutely NO words were exchanged, but Lyszczarczyk didnít like the fact that Thomas did that and quickly whacked him Ė so Thomas whacked him right back.

As Thomas was skating backwards, Washkurak jumped Thomas from behind Ė Thomas took him down and began swinging at Washkurak, who was on his back Ė NO help from Brassard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 09:32 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,138 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
OH NO someone chirping someone else Iím shocked lol itís sports it happens
Old school hockey..... Play the game, shut your mouth and go to the bench. Get even later on.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:41 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,104 Times in 652 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
A yeah duh...i get that part...but all the chirping ..Brassard blowing his stack...even Maximov skating down towards them as they were exiting the ice..The league frowns upon crap that goes on after after the final buzzer...we don't need to lose any MORE players for the rest of the weekend...I have No problem with them sticking up for each other believe me...it was nice to see

When Maxi was coasting down to that end it wasnt to taunt the steelheads... he has his stick raised thank the fans at that end, nevwr once did he even look at any player just the air and looking at all the fans
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
When Maxi was coasting down to that end it wasnt to taunt the steelheads... he has his stick raised thank the fans at that end, nevwr once did he even look at any player just the air and looking at all the fans
Lol I call BS on that one...Maxi can't help himself lol...he had no business down that end of the ice as they were exiting, especially with what was going on..lmao he knew what he was doing.