Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,656    Downloads: 1,430,405   Msgs Posted: 127,375   Thread Views: 23,926,144   Online Now: 46
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:33 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of
Default One of the Best Regular Seasons in IceDogs History!

Well now that the regular season has come to a close, I think its easy to see that this was one of the best IceDogs regular seasons since they moved here to Niagara. They won the Central Division for only the second time in their 12 year history. They also ended up with 95 points, one point behind their 96 points in 2010-2011 and two points behind their 97 points in 2011-2012, when they arguably had their best team ever.

The next couple of regular seasons will be tough so I hope all of you took time to enjoy the great team we had this year. I know, it was hard to enjoy this season since we have a terrible goalie, the worst defence in the OHL and a bunch of forwards who showed no effort for most of the year. And let’s not forget a coach who can’t coach. Despite all of this, we managed to come within 2 points of our best regular season ever. Talk about getting lucky!

In all seriousness, I really think sometimes we look for things to complain about instead of enjoying what we have. And I think next season we will learn that lesson quite harshly.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 03-18-2019 at 11:35 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 03:20 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,100 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

This question has been asked before and here we go again...

How many games this year has our team played with a full lineup, due to all the injuries?
Old 03-19-2019, 07:15 AM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

If an ADULT Stephen Hawking got a B+ plus on a high school physics test, would we celebrate and say "B+ that's pretty damn close to an A"? I'm a living up to your potential kind of guy. We had a B+ regular season.

Is near the runway close enough to on the runway when I go to work? I find it interesting that so many expect us to show up in our skirts and bring the pom-poms all year long. ICEDOGS ICEDOGS SISKBOOM BAH!!! 2 points is 2 points eh? Yea, not to the people who are going to Halifax.

I'm not a cheerleader, I'm a lover of the sport. We have indeed achieved a great regular season, but I am not going to let us off the hook by saying we couldn't have been better and taken the east. I really believe in this team's potential when we're firing on all cylinders so I still have very high hopes for the playoffs.

This all comes on a case by case basis. I'll happily let off the throttle for next year's team.

Last edited by TwoPadStack; 03-19-2019 at 07:20 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwoPadStack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 07:48 AM

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,776 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I'll happily let off the throttle for next year's team.
We have had rebuilding teams before and you cheer when the puck goes in the other team's net and stays out of ours. Any game that doesn't end in a five goal differential is a win, and you look for the players to do the right things for sixty minutes building strong habits.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 10:07 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,059 Times in 723 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Is the eight extra time games the fewest in team history.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:09 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,059 Times in 723 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
This question has been asked before and here we go again...

How many games this year has our team played with a full lineup, due to all the injuries?
I think it was around ten games
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if we were not in a go for it year we would not be so critical of this team. But when you are going for it and with like we have it is hard to sit and watch some of the games this season without being critical.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

As for me, the regular season is over.
The playoffs (brand new season) begins on Thursday and I am going to enjoy the ride and we will go as far as the boys want to go.
Go Dogs Go!!
Old 03-19-2019, 02:16 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
As for me, the regular season is over.
The playoffs (brand new season) begins on Thursday and I am going to enjoy the ride and we will go as far as the boys want to go.
Go Dogs Go!!
You're right RSJ. This ultimately comes down to the guys wanting it, and coming together as a team at the right time.

16 wins to Halifax starts Thursday at home!
Old 03-19-2019, 02:25 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
You're right RSJ. This ultimately comes down to the guys wanting it, and coming together as a team at the right time.

16 wins to Halifax starts Thursday at home!
I'm with you all the way 123 G!!