Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,705    Downloads: 1,502,654   Msgs Posted: 128,555   Thread Views: 25,311,217   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:13 PM

Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,829 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
As for me, the regular season is over.
The playoffs (brand new season) begins on Thursday and I am going to enjoy the ride and we will go as far as the boys want to go.
Go Dogs Go!!
I think that is the key. The team has to want it and play together with that in mind, every period.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Big League

Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,492 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I think that is the key. The team has to want it and play together with that in mind, every period.

If Ben Jones called a players’ only meeting, here is my suggested agenda items:

#1 Who do you play for?

…and then look directly look at Maksimov.

…and then remind them “talent that works hard will win us a lot of games.”

#3 Short shifts - every line – every time. No exceptions!

#4 No passengers allowed. Hard on the back check every shift otherwise you’re letting your teammate down.

#5 Team defense means everyone know their d-zone responsibility - pick up your man!

#6 Play the man – Hit someone!

#7 Fast on the fore-check

#8 Block shots

#9 Take a hit/slash/hack/punch to the face to make a play.
…and then look directly at Maksimov again!

#10 Fight for every inch of that ice.

Now if everyone is committed to playing the right way, what a story we'll have to tell…
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Rookie

synergy is on a distinguished road

So in your opinion Maksimov was playing for himself?
I missed the 2nd part of the season, after Christmas break, but never seen him being not interested in team results.
He was leading dogs when they were playing in 7 forwards, he always noticeable in both offensive and defensive zones, and finally he can both score and pass.
As for me he is just way too passionate and depending on his hormones. But it is coaches and tough guys job to make scorers feel comfortable
Old 03-19-2019, 08:25 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post
I missed the 2nd part of the season, after Christmas break, but never seen him being not interested in team results.
He was leading dogs when they were playing in 7 forwards, he always noticeable in both offensive and defensive zones, and finally he can both score and pass.
As for me he is just way too passionate and depending on his hormones. But it is coaches and tough guys job to make scorers feel comfortable
I suppose I could post another poll for the fans to decide if he was just a ball of passion or he took needless selfish penalties 100' from the play at inopertune moments.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:37 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,091 Times in 744 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I suppose I could post another poll for the fans to decide if he was just a ball of passion or he took needless selfish penalties 100' from the play at inopertune moments.
He also got penalties on reputation forty goals season thou.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
He also got penalties on reputation forty goals season thou.
Exactly! He is a goal-scorer he should be on the ice, not in the box. He needs to be smarter -- rile players up and let them sit in the box while he scores goals on the PP.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 09:36 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Contrary

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post
He is all you say & a superb talent; it is just that he is way too self centred. Really not playing for his team in taking all those penalties. It may be having his emotions on his sleave, yet it has put our team in trouble way too many times. All teams know his weakness & a few have exploited it very successfully. Maybe he can sit on the bench a bit if he continues in this scenario in the playoffs. Billy has to get his attention a couple of times. Can still work if BB has the moxie.
We have the talent. If SD shows up, we can be tough to match.

Last edited by OlDawg; 03-20-2019 at 01:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OlDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,039 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Thankfully trading 17 draft picks (or more?) and some really good young players, at least got us one more banner!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2019, 01:20 AM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Brad Boyes

Quote:
Exactly! He is a goal-scorer he should be on the ice, not in the box. He needs to be smarter -- rile players up and let them sit in the box while he scores goals on the PP.
Anyone remember Erie Otter's Brad Boyes back in the day? I believe that was his mantra. Help the opposition foul him, then make it worse by scoring on the power play. He went 1 1/2 seasons without a penalty himself as he mesmerized the other teams with his skill.
It takes a will & a lot of discipline. Could KM even try this approach a few times?
Old 03-20-2019, 07:13 AM
Big League

Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,492 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
Anyone remember Erie Otter's Brad Boyes back in the day? I believe that was his mantra. Help the opposition foul him, then make it worse by scoring on the power play. He went 1 1/2 seasons without a penalty himself as he mesmerized the other teams with his skill.
It takes a will & a lot of discipline. Could KM even try this approach a few times?
If he does, Maksimov will draw a lot of penalties – opposition players dislike him and they’ll be going after him throughout the playoffs.

Hopefully, he returns this weekend and then we’ll see if his plan is to “take one for the team” during the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: