Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 943,391   Msgs Posted: 118,058   Thread Views: 18,904,483   Online Now: 104
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am not too certain as to what the staff will do today.
We all agree that it is not meaningful game, but, with the playoffs set to start next week, it would be nice to finish the season on a winning note.

If Sam is still not ready, by all means sit him. The same with Lochead. This team has proven again and again that they can still win with key players out of the line-up.

Except for those two players, they all dress and depending what the score looks like as the game goes on, then they could rest some players and give the 3rd and 4th line more ice.

I would not like to see our team get smoked on National TV though like Owen Sound (my second favorite team) did a couple of weeks ago in their own barn.
I would be resting your key guys today regardless of the winning streak going into the playoffs for a few reasons the biggest one being Missy is still playing for something so theyll be coming in playing physical and desperate for the points to avoid the 8 seed
Old 03-17-2018, 09:43 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I would be resting your key guys today regardless of the winning streak going into the playoffs for a few reasons the biggest one being Missy is still playing for something so theyll be coming in playing physical and desperate for the points to avoid the 8 seed

And who do u suggest we put on the ice... can only rest 1 d and 1 forward
Old 03-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
And who do u suggest we put on the ice... can only rest 1 d and 1 forward
Ive seen teams call up a few guys for a meaningless last game before. This is just the way Id do it but Id go with the extra D today Nardi and Martin in for two of Thomas, Maksimov or Jones and sit Dhillon since hes your number 1 and let the kid who was the third goalie earlier in the year I forget his name sit on the bench thats how Id do it but I expect Billy to play everyone Minus Sam and Willy
Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Schotter... not me... thou i get your point i want this team flying in to playoffs..no way i want them taking a day off when they are heating up... we wont have 10 games to re light the fire this time
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 11:04 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Just watched the highlights of this game on the OHL web page, Gotta say I hate that stick twirl that #3 showed us after both of his goals. Get rid of that pee-wee stuff come playoff time.
I'm not a big fan of some of the goal celebrations but I would rather see a stick twirl then that stupid sweeping the ice.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:46 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
I'm not a big fan of some of the goal celebrations but I would rather see a stick twirl then that stupid sweeping the ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Just watched the highlights of this game on the OHL web page, Gotta say I hate that stick twirl that #3 showed us after both of his goals. Get rid of that pee-wee stuff come playoff time.
Were the celebrations approved of today......

Hard for these guys to keep their emotions in check sometimes. Hard to forget how young they are...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 01:39 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Were the celebrations approved of today......

Hard for these guys to keep their emotions in check sometimes. Hard to forget how young they are...
They were ok except for the first guy to score for Missy. Just had to sweep the ice with his tongue sticking out. It was one goal not the winning goal.