Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,256    Downloads: 849,245   Msgs Posted: 115,103   Thread Views: 17,365,989   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:00 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,088
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,312 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
A dance studio was there doing stuff during the intermissions . That's why there was different music. Not sure if that went on during the game. I hope not
The dance studio had their music loud and the regular music was blasting louder to compensate. The end result was that if you weren't interested in the dancing you had to suffer through competing volume levels. Solution: pick one music to play, limit the volume of visiting broadcasts, or don't allow groups to have their own P.A.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:06 PM
fourgrounds's Avatar
fourgrounds fourgrounds is offline
Game Media
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 61
Thanks: 122
Thanked 179 Times in 49 Posts
fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Ok, so who has control over those items?
SMG the building operations staff manage and control things like the lights, speaker placement, anything infrastructure oriented is owned by the City and controlled by SMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Who has control of that horn, some 14year old boy?
Whomever left it on for a very long time at the Prospects game
We trigger the horn, we try to time the horn with players returning to the bench for a fist bump. Sometimes thats a bit long and we end it early might not have happened that way on Thursday. We cannot increase the PSI (volume) or amount of horns, as far as I know this is also an SMG limitation. From what I understand it took some convincing to even allow the single horn to be brought into the building from the Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
The audio volume at the top prospects game was excellent. Loud again Fri night. I was sitting in the seats I sit in all year. Although I would say that the audio volume doesn't seem as loud as the beginning of the year.
Thanks! The audio is different from section to section. The sound seemed quieter at the prospects game because it was a sell out and more bodies means more absorbtion. Curious were you sitting in a different spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Speaking of the retractable seat end. Why was separate music being played from the concourse area the other night? It's bad enough with all the music being played period let alone when Rod and LauraLee are trying to read announcements.
This was a sponsor's choice, we too were quite bothered by the sound pollution but it was a one time thing. The game day staff requested that they only play music at certain points in the intermission, however they bent the rules a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOGFAN View Post
They need barriers to coral people in line waiting for snack bar so they are lined up sideways and do not block the path of people walking by This is really bad between periods
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOGFAN View Post
They need to hire people to wipe of the seats before game. People who use the rink before the Icedog Games walk all over the seats leaving footprints
Not sure why these two posts are in an AV thread. Fourgrounds has no control over these elements, again SMG. This is not a general complaint thread, more-so an attempt at including the hardcore fans into our A/V decision making. Thanks.
__________________
http://www.fourgrounds.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fourgrounds For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,088
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,312 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourgrounds View Post
We trigger the horn, we try to time the horn with players returning to the bench for a fist bump. Sometimes thats a bit long and we end it early might not have happened that way on Thursday. We cannot increase the PSI (volume) or amount of horns, as far as I know this is also an SMG limitation. From what I understand it took some convincing to even allow the single horn to be brought into the building from the Jack.


This is not a general complaint thread, more-so an attempt at including the hardcore fans into our A/V decision making. Thanks.
First of all kudos to Fourgrounds for asking for input and the manners to answer back when suggestions (even complaints!). I have seen a number of suggestions made here showing up on game day with positive responses from the crowds.

As a hardcore fan I have a suggestion for the goal horn issue. I was at the end of the arena last game when one of the tike teams scored. That horn is quite loud in that area, yet at center ice where I normally sit it seems meagre. I am sure at the other end it is totally inadequate. Why not use that big sound system to generate the goal sound for one game as a trial. There are plenty of audio files out there for download that have clean broad-spectrum digital sound that would fill the arena more evenly and provide a deeper low end that would strike fear and shame into our opponents
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:55 PM
NachoLou's Avatar
NachoLou NachoLou is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 126
Thanks: 8
Thanked 115 Times in 58 Posts
NachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to all
Default

I too think it's great that you address peoples concerns, compliments and complaints on the forum. Kudos for doing so.

Couple things, why when Rod says look at the big board for out of town scores does it take so long to put them up? I find myself staring at the Dogs logo for a good two minutes before finally giving up and looking away and saying to myself forget it, I'll just look it up on my phone. Aren't you guys sitting right beside each other?

Personally, I could do without the horn blasting every time one of the kids scores in the mini game. I know you're probably trying to make it fun/cool for the kids but after 5 or 6 blasts it's enough.

Has there been any thought into playing one particular song after a Dogs goal? Making it the "official" Dogs goal song?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NachoLou For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:55 PM
maddog maddog is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 647
Thanks: 163
Thanked 567 Times in 261 Posts
maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

As a hardcore fan and many others who are not on this forum who have asked me to post this..
Do you have to sound the horn during intermission, when the kids score..
There are alot of people standing, walking at that end during intermission and i have seen people jump and get the crap scared out of them when it sounds during intermission..i'm not kidding you
Problem would be solved if the horn was put in middle of rink...can't SMG put the horns in the middle?
Or if not, can you refrain from sounding horn during intermission?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:00 PM
strohs's Avatar
strohs strohs is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 3,218
Thanks: 143
Thanked 1,316 Times in 729 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Fourgrounds A/V Feedback

Maddog I saw the same thing happen on fri night. I too could do without it.

Btw I was sitting in my same seats for the top prospects game where I noted that it (in game music) didn't seem as loud as usual which was nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:14 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,088
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,312 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
Personally, I could do without the horn blasting every time one of the kids scores in the mini game. I know you're probably trying to make it fun/cool for the kids but after 5 or 6 blasts it's enough.
Piggy-back on my earlier suggestion, download a second goal horn for the kiddie games that is not as intense but still gives them the big-league feel and broadcast that one over the main system as well...everyone hears it, no one needs an underwear change
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:16 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,088
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,312 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOGFAN View Post
They need to hire people to wipe of the seats before game. People who use the rink before the Icedog Games walk all over the seats leaving footprints
This has nothing to do with Fourgrounds but someone is listening - there were staff members in grey uniforms out before the game checking seats and wiping up the occasional scuff. Bravo!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:21 PM
hotdog fan hotdog fan is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 770
Thanks: 114
Thanked 395 Times in 204 Posts
hotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other members
Default

I would love to have just one song for when the ice dogs score.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:29 PM
fourgrounds's Avatar
fourgrounds fourgrounds is offline
Game Media
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 61
Thanks: 122
Thanked 179 Times in 49 Posts
fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
First of all kudos to Fourgrounds for asking for input and the manners to answer back when suggestions (even complaints!). I have seen a number of suggestions made here showing up on game day with positive responses from the crowds.

As a hardcore fan I have a suggestion for the goal horn issue. I was at the end of the arena last game when one of the tike teams scored. That horn is quite loud in that area, yet at center ice where I normally sit it seems meagre. I am sure at the other end it is totally inadequate. Why not use that big sound system to generate the goal sound for one game as a trial. There are plenty of audio files out there for download that have clean broad-spectrum digital sound that would fill the arena more evenly and provide a deeper low end that would strike fear and shame into our opponents
Thanks for the Kudos, it means a lot. We actually had a digital horn for the first 4-5 games of the season because the analog horn wasn't completely installed. Although it sounded decent, the bigger problem is the delay. Currently the setup in our media booth does not have a system installed to manually trigger a digital horn. Easiest way to explain it is currently there is a big red physical button that gets hammered as soon as we see the goal light go on. With a computer or digital version the few seconds it takes to move the mouse click play etc etc isn't ideal and is noticeable no matter what. In the future we could install a sample pad or some sort of analog trigger for a digital sound but the booth currently isn't configured for that. The other solution we have suggested to SMG is to run a mic up to the horn to amplify the actual sound, but something tells me the IceDogs' goal horn is not on their priority list. I know many of the staff in both the IceDogs and SMG organization frequent these threads, so maybe something in the future may change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
I too think it's great that you address peoples concerns, compliments and complaints on the forum. Kudos for doing so.

Couple things, why when Rod says look at the big board for out of town scores does it take so long to put them up? I find myself staring at the Dogs logo for a good two minutes before finally giving up and looking away and saying to myself forget it, I'll just look it up on my phone. Aren't you guys sitting right beside each other?

Personally, I could do without the horn blasting every time one of the kids scores in the mini game. I know you're probably trying to make it fun/cool for the kids but after 5 or 6 blasts it's enough.

Has there been any thought into playing one particular song after a Dogs goal? Making it the "official" Dogs goal song?
Thanks!

1 - We actually have to manually create slides and enter in scores. Our switcher/graphics person is busy running through the intermission announcements and running ads, so the time delay you are noticing is our team literally typing these stats in after Rod's ads. To be honest I would do away with the out of town scores completely if we could because as you said everyone in the world pretty much has a smart phone now and has likely already checked or received notifications. However we have a sponsor for it and its tradition so we leave it it.

2 - This is absolutely possible. We sometimes do it sometimes we don't. I feel like the kids like to hear it, but you are right it is obnoxious and can startle people. If all the game day staff agrees we will scrap the "minihorn." We do however have to blast it when the minigame is over and time is up as these kids would play forever if they could

3 - We have about 4-6 "Goal Songs" with another handful that players have requested when they score. We have discussed limiting it to one, but haven't really put too much thought into it. My favourite is the one we always use first by "Waterbodies" a local band it sounds like it was just made for a hockey game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
As a hardcore fan and many others who are not on this forum who have asked me to post this..
Do you have to sound the horn during intermission, when the kids score..
There are alot of people standing, walking at that end during intermission and i have seen people jump and get the crap scared out of them when it sounds during intermission..i'm not kidding you
Problem would be solved if the horn was put in middle of rink...can't SMG put the horns in the middle?
Or if not, can you refrain from sounding horn during intermission?
See #2 Above. Thanks.
__________________
http://www.fourgrounds.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fourgrounds For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015