Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,363    Downloads: 1,050,366   Msgs Posted: 119,002   Thread Views: 20,089,656   Online Now: 48
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:51 PM

Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,444 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Owen Sound Attack @ Niagara IceDogs - Friday, 2018.02.16 - 7pm

Unsound and unbearable.

Niagara IceDogs:
4th in the East after 53 games with 60 points, 26-19-5-3 or 0.566%
Scoring: Miletic 28-48, Thomas 15-47, Jones 18-43
Goaltending: Dhillon 43GP, 3.36GAA(16th), 0.897%(15th)
Goaltending: Incze 16GP, 2.77GAA(-), 0.915%(-)

Owen Sound Attack:
7th in the West after 53 games with 59 points, 26-20-2-5 or 0.557%
Scoring: Suzuki 29-43, Dudas 27-30, Durzi 15-32
Goaltending: Guzda 25GP, 3.34GAA(15th), 0.874%(20th)

These are two very evenly matched teams. The IceDogs need to forget the standings and look at the numbers while remembering the 8th place team in the West, just handed them their seventh loss in a row. As if that wasn't telling enough,
the last time these two teams squared off, the Attack came away with a 3-2 shoot-out victory. Time to snap that losing streak and play some decent hockey.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 06:33 AM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Thanks NiceDawg, very enthusiastic bunch we have on here as of late.

Dawgs should be chomping at the bit tonight for these two points.
Home ice and looking in the rear view mirror at hot teams like NB, OTT and OSH should provide them some extra motivation.
That and the 6th rated coach should have them all fired up to play all 60 minutes tonight.

It wouldn’t matter who their opponents are tonight. Should be enough for a 6-3 ID’s romp.

Enjoy the game everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 07:01 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

I've spent 20 minutes at my goalie shrine this morning, giving praise to the goalie gods and asking them to start Incze tonight. If they will not abide my request I have asked them to please smile upon Dhillon and minimize his time handling the puck away from his crease. In thy glove side we trust, may our five-holes be closed. D-men.

Last edited by Aircanuck; 02-16-2018 at 07:02 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 07:06 AM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

I am actually going to cheer for an ID’s win tonight.

It’s more fun on here when the bi-polar fans are populated this forum. You know who you are. Looking forward to your posts after the game.

Go Dogs Go
Old 02-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Happens all the time when the team enters a slump, people get vocal. Then when the slump continues - things get quiet. Pretty bad when the only one cheering the team on is Stinky!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

4-2 if Incze plays or Dhilon finds his game if Dhilons struggles continue I honestly have no clue
Old 02-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Happens all the time when the team enters a slump, people get vocal. Then when the slump continues - things get quiet. Pretty bad when the only one cheering the team on is Stinky!
Oh I'm cheering them on... I'm also watching game video for both teams, getting an idea what I will be seeing tonight, setting me up to pray for the things I don't want to see (neutral zone give aways, giveaways in front of our own net, OS being the more physical and hungry team... You know, the normal).

But truthfully, I've written and deleted a lot in the last 2 weeks. It's not that I don't want to share. But honestly, why bother. We all know what's going wrong. Unless the coaching staff decides to correct it, and the boys decide to listen and execute... Then the slide will continue. I believe the boys are 2-6-1-1 over the last 10 games, and have fallen from 2nd in the Eastern Conference (1st in the Central Division) to being 9 points behind Barrie (but with 2 games in hand).

All of us amateur coaches on here seem to have all the answers. So why don't the guys who make money doing it. Because either they see something we don't, they know the boys better than we do, or something else. It's not because these men are hockey-dumb. Hockey is a simple game at it's core. And I'm sure they know what they're doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,324 Times in 797 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Auld, I believe that this staff and front office are too loyal to the players, almost to a fault. they promised their mothers that they would take care of their son. Sometimes, the son needs a swift kick in the ass and I am not sure if Billy and his parents are up to that.
I would like them to put on an ugly game face for a change. And, that would be staff and players.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Auld, I believe that this staff and front office are too loyal to the players, almost to a fault. they promised their mothers that they would take care of their son. Sometimes, the son needs a swift kick in the ass and I am not sure if Billy and his parents are up to that.
I would like them to put on an ugly game face for a change. And, that would be staff and players.
They told parents the same thing every team does they just arenít good enough yet plain and simple almost everyone goes through a slump or two in a season
Old 02-16-2018, 12:14 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,011 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

During this difficult 10 game stretch (6 points), the Ice Dogs played the #1 team (SSM), #4 team twice (SARNIA) and the #6 team (KITCHENER) in the CHL – along with games against BARRIE and KINGSTON, in a season that is still just a rebuild.

Assessing each one of the Ice Dogs games individually, how many did they play poorly in? How many did they play well in?

Jan 20 NIAG 2 BAR 6 Final
Jan 26 SAR 5 NIAG 6 Final OT
Jan 27 NIAG 6 SBY 2 Final
Jan 28 NIAG 3 NB 4 Final SO
Feb 2 NIAG 5 OTT 6 Final
Feb 3 NIAG 3 KGN 5 Final
Feb 6 NIAG 1 KIT 3 Final
Feb 8 SSM 4 NIAG 3 Final
Feb 10 NIAG 4 SAR 5 Final OT
Feb 11 NIAG 0 WSR 2 Final

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-16-2018 at 12:28 PM.