Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,124,900   Msgs Posted: 120,087   Thread Views: 20,644,210   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,205
Thanks: 896
Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,056 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

The Ice Dogs are close and up until yesterday, I was prepared to make them the favourites to win the east – provided they brought in 3 or 4 players. However, trading away those 2nd round picks makes this task more difficult. Acquiring a top 5 scorer in the OHL like Sam Miletic was exactly what the Ice Dogs needed to do – but do it next year!

A few days ago, they had enough picks to acquire 3 or maybe 4 quality players to make them the class of the East. After the trade deadline deal, probably adding 2 or maybe 3 might be more realistic!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-10-2018, 04:43 PM
retired/sectionJ's Avatar
retired/sectionJ retired/sectionJ is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Welland
Posts: 2,706
Thanks: 1,931
Thanked 1,371 Times in 831 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Worst case scenario, Niagara will trade away 2029 and or 2030 2nd round picks.
All part of the game today.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2018, 04:52 PM
123 G! 123 G! is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 752
Thanks: 884
Thanked 555 Times in 286 Posts
123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
PART IV- TOP 3

Kingston: Despite Gilmore’s claim that they were targeting next year, Kingston decided to go all in this year instead! And that was great news for the Ice Dogs. Despite all the trades they made, Kingston still return a very good group of 99s (J.Robertson, L.Nyman, B.Neumann, J.Paquette, E.Rasanen). However, there is a HUGE RED FLAG hanging over Kingston. They lose J.Helvig, they traded away 3 outstanding young players (S. Popov 00, N. Dunkley 00 and C. Morgan 01) and between 2018 and 2028, they only have one 2nd and in the next 6 years - one 3rd. They have NO currency to add additional players to this returning roster – to be serious contenders! So with their draft picks and young talent depleted, Kingston really has very little choice but to sell their assets at the 2019 trade deadline or even sooner so they can recoup what they lost in acquiring departed players M.Jones, C.Pu, G.Valardi and S.Day.

Ottawa: The 67s have will return two NHL drafted 99s (S.Chmelevski, N.Hoefenmayer), but the core of their team is built around 12 player who are 00s or 01s - featuring three quality 00 defenseman (M.Rippon, C.Robertson, K.Bahl) and three quality forwards all in their draft year (K. Clark, M. Hoelscher, S. Bitten). Ottawa definitely have the draft picks to add quality players this year, but they are looking more and more like a team built to be even stronger the following year! A 2020 championship is very possible in Ottawa!

Niagara: Aside from newly acquired Sam Miletic, the Ice Dogs will lose no one of any significance - and they return all their core players who have been instrumental in this terrific season thus far. Niagara have some emerging OHL stars (Maksimov, Jones, Thomas, Tomasino, Constantinou and Dhillon) – ready to take another step forward together! Offensively, they could have three players amoung the top 10 or top 15 scorers in the OHL. Defensively, the Ice Dogs have been one of the stingiest teams in the OHL) – and that entire group will not only be another year older but they are ALL back! The Ice Dogs are the ONLY team in the EAST that can say that!
First of all great work by Blacksox, read the above Niagara, in particular the last two sentences. Also, one thing we're all forgetting is maybe they've been guaranteed (ie only reporting to Niagara - just like London and other teams have the respective agents say) at least one if not two high end European players for next season.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 01-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Stinkyp3t3 Stinkyp3t3 is offline
Serving a Suspension
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sec xxx
Posts: 2,325
Thanks: 1,352
Thanked 597 Times in 429 Posts
Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
PART IV- TOP 3

Kingston: Despite Gilmore’s claim that they were targeting next year, Kingston decided to go all in this year instead! And that was great news for the Ice Dogs. Despite all the trades they made, Kingston still return a very good group of 99s (J.Robertson, L.Nyman, B.Neumann, J.Paquette, E.Rasanen). However, there is a HUGE RED FLAG hanging over Kingston. They lose J.Helvig, they traded away 3 outstanding young players (S. Popov 00, N. Dunkley 00 and C. Morgan 01) and between 2018 and 2028, they only have one 2nd and in the next 6 years - one 3rd. They have NO currency to add additional players to this returning roster – to be serious contenders! So with their draft picks and young talent depleted, Kingston really has very little choice but to sell their assets at the 2019 trade deadline or even sooner so they can recoup what they lost in acquiring departed players M.Jones, C.Pu, G.Valardi and S.Day.

Ottawa: The 67s have will return two NHL drafted 99s (S.Chmelevski, N.Hoefenmayer), but the core of their team is built around 12 player who are 00s or 01s - featuring three quality 00 defenseman (M.Rippon, C.Robertson, K.Bahl) and three quality forwards all in their draft year (K. Clark, M. Hoelscher, S. Bitten). Ottawa definitely have the draft picks to add quality players this year, but they are looking more and more like a team built to be even stronger the following year! A 2020 championship is very possible in Ottawa!

Niagara: Aside from newly acquired Sam Miletic, the Ice Dogs will lose no one of any significance - and they return all their core players who have been instrumental in this terrific season thus far. Niagara have some emerging OHL stars (Maksimov, Jones, Thomas, Tomasino, Constantinou and Dhillon) – ready to take another step forward together! Offensively, they could have three players amoung the top 10 or top 15 scorers in the OHL. Defensively, the Ice Dogs have been one of the stingiest teams in the OHL) – and that entire group will not only be another year older but they are ALL back! The Ice Dogs are the ONLY team in the EAST that can say that!
So fortunate to be a season ticket holder so I can watch the entire plan unfold as scripted. Great work BS.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 01-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,205
Thanks: 896
Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,056 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
First of all great work by Blacksox, read the above Niagara, in particular the last two sentences. Also, one thing we're all forgetting is maybe they've been guaranteed (ie only reporting to Niagara - just like London and other teams have the respective agents say) at least one if not two high end European players for next season.
I hope so! One or two elite Imports is exactly what the Ice Dogs need next year!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Chipperdog Chipperdog is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 1,525
Thanked 533 Times in 327 Posts
Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

GO DOGS GO
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:37 PM
maddog maddog is offline
Serving a Suspension
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 701
Thanks: 212
Thanked 621 Times in 287 Posts
maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

From the Oshawa Generals forum in the ohlhfboards:

''Lol Niagara trades 3 2nds and a 3rd for OA Sam Miletic. He's a really good player, but super weird move to spend that much when NIA has pretty much no chance to finish topo 3. Another move that really helps the Gens though, now when NIA is really good next year and fighting with the Gens for tops in the East, they'll have 4 less picks to use to upgrade their team!''

Do you minority members in the niagara icedogs forum get it yet now that this was a really stupid move yet??
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-10-2018, 09:07 PM
jumbo1290 jumbo1290 is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 294
Thanks: 289
Thanked 158 Times in 96 Posts
jumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
From the Oshawa Generals forum in the ohlhfboards:

''Lol Niagara trades 3 2nds and a 3rd for OA Sam Miletic. He's a really good player, but super weird move to spend that much when NIA has pretty much no chance to finish topo 3. Another move that really helps the Gens though, now when NIA is really good next year and fighting with the Gens for tops in the East, they'll have 4 less picks to use to upgrade their team!''

Do you minority members in the niagara icedogs forum get it yet now that this was a really stupid move yet??
gee, I never that Oshawa was home to the Mensa Sociey
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Chipperdog Chipperdog is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 1,525
Thanked 533 Times in 327 Posts
Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I will wait and see how our guys progress from this season to next season before I get all crazy about these events. I'm hoping these guys take a big step forward next season and put all your minds at ease lol. For now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show...Go Dogs.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,517
Thanks: 1,320
Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,480 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I will wait and see how our guys progress from this season to next season before I get all crazy about these events. I'm hoping these guys take a big step forward next season and put all your minds at ease lol. For now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show...Go Dogs.
Time will tell if it was a great move or a blunder. If any of us had a crystal ball we'd be out buying lottery tickets . Instead I guess we show up and hope for the best.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015