Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,621,861   Msgs Posted: 129,715   Thread Views: 26,711,128   Online Now: 57
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 12:15 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowinawoofworld View Post
Having not seen the game, I can't comment on the hit. Yes, I would be upset if it was a cheap shot, but what was Thomas doing in the ice in that situation anyway? Should the last shift of an intense series perhaps have your "4th" line players out there so a star doesn't get possibly injured?
Coaching decisions cannot be questioned. We have multiple coaches to decide; one of whom has been to a much
higher level. This is a league for learning, no?

Where is that "tongue in cheek" icon when you need it!

Last edited by OlDawg; 03-30-2019 at 12:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OlDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,128 Times in 665 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Having not seen the game, I can't comment on the hit. Yes, I would be upset if it was a cheap shot, but what was Thomas doing in the ice in that situation anyway? Should the last shift of an intense series perhaps have your "4th" line players out there so a star doesn't get possibly injured?
My guess is that it was because we were on the pk and coach was trying to protect the shutout
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2019, 01:04 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Liam Walker clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Absolutely, 123G! If that fight happens in Game 1, very different series. Or if the Dogs had a Scott Fletcher-type player to set the tone in Game 1 to ‘keep the flies off’ as Mike Babcock likes to say. Again, I think this series turns out differently.
That being said, Niagara was/is just a way better team. For all the stuff I’ve said about Liam Walker, boy, would I love to have him in an IceDog sweater. Between now and next September, I’d love to see the Dogs go out and get someone like him As for the Battle Lions(as my kids called them), I have just never had much respect for Stan Butler. I’m not even sure I should say all this, ‘cause it feels like kicking someone when they’re down. I do not like the way Butler coaches his teams. OHL or Team Canada. Frankly, I’m OK with neither Butler nor the Batallion seeing a whole lot of success. And if it’s true that he was to be stepping down as Coach/GM when/if North Bay got knocked out, I say Happy Trails, Stan, and don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.
GDG
Back in the day, there was a player who was drafted in the first round by the Otters & played in the Soo as well.
Anthony Peluso.
He was a well built guy & was "made" into an enforcer because he was so strong etc. He became a "heavyweight champion" in those days enough that all teams gave him high respect & left him alone in fear. He was acquired as an OA by The Brampton Battalion when they bulked up for the 2008-2009 season playing with Cody Hodgson, Matt Duchene, & others. He got to showcase his skill ( played 5 yrs in NHL & many in AHL )( his teammate/pugilistic reputation was by then legendary) that year & made a fantastic impact. 22 pts in 27 regular games & 15 pts in 21playoff games when they went to the OHL finals against the eventual Memorial Cup Champion Windsor Spitfires. No team would touch the skilled guys as Anthony was looming.
Point is, we can find our Anthony if we feel we need one. Do we or our coaches feel we need one? I'd take one like him in a heartbeat.

Last edited by OlDawg; 03-30-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Now that we have gotten into heavy weights, I can remember some time ago on Don Cherry's Grapevine show that was filmed in Hamilton at his bar.
One night, Grapes had Dave "the Hammer" Shultz on and at one point, he asked Dave who were players in the HHL that he never wanted to fight for fear of getting destroyed.
His answer to Grapes really surprised as he named both Gilbert Perreault and Daryl Sittler as the other.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:29 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if the Icedogs practices are open to the public?
I would really like to know if Thomas and Sopa got hurt last night.
The only way is to see if they are practicing, because I dont trust matt and dj
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,077 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

You are correct

None of the stars shoulda been on the ice in the last minute of a series when stupidity has reigned supreme by the opponent

Ridiculously idiotic coaching there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Their practices are open to the public. just not sure what time they skate.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:43 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,106 Times in 757 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Thomas seemed fine after the hit unless he woke up,today and it worse not sure about Sopa.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,128 Times in 665 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Thomas seemed fine after the hit unless he woke up,today and it worse not sure about Sopa.
He may have seemed fine to you but multiple fans had noticed that he wasnt moving his left arm at all after that play
Old 03-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it's just day to day...so that means he's probably done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread