Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,290   Msgs Posted: 118,602   Thread Views: 19,629,196   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:35 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,082 Times in 997 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

My only concern? Will Ted Dent be back next year to finish what he has started with Billy Burke? The fact that he has spent the last 17 years in pro hockey - and has impressive pro resume, probably means he is hoping (and looking) for an opportunity to return! Selfishly, I hope he returns to the Ice Dogs for at least one more season!
Old 01-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,311 Times in 789 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
My only concern? Will Ted Dent be back next year to finish what he has started with Billy Burke? The fact that he has spent the last 17 years in pro hockey - and has impressive pro resume, probably means he is hoping (and looking) for an opportunity to return! Selfishly, I hope he returns to the Ice Dogs for at least one more season!
My thoughts exactly blacksox but, I have the feeling that he signed a one year deal and will most likely leave sometime in the spring.

I hope not, but others here might not agree with my thoughts though.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,411 Times in 996 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
The Ice Dogs players make mistakes! However, as Jeff Brown once said, “This is junior hockey, expect a lot of mistakes!”

He’s right! If you watch another young team, like you were a fan of that team, you would see a lot of the same mistakes. Where you would see a difference – is in the play of some of the older and more experienced teams. They make mistakes too - just less!

The impact of Ted Dent’s extensive pro experience and expertise is clearly evident. When you look at what Burke/Dent have accomplished with a young Ice Dogs team, [B](6th in the overall standings, a 24-14- 4- 2 record and .614 Winning %)[/b] is quite impressive– and far better than anyone’s would have predicted before the season started!

The funny thing is, Jeff Brown was the last guy to tell people that junior hockey players make mistakes. That guy screamed until he turned purple for when his players made mistakes. At one point he was suspended by the 67's for abusing one of his players. There was a reason that Konecny couldn't get out of there fast enough. I know it's off topic, just found it funny that Jeff Brown of all people was basically preaching patience.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/loca...nt-with-player

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-67-...says-1.3110620

Last edited by fishfan51; 01-24-2018 at 07:12 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
My thoughts exactly blacksox but, I have the feeling that he signed a one year deal and will most likely leave sometime in the spring.
I have to agree! When you look over Ted Dent's coaching resume, he is probably over-qualified for the OHL. As Ice Dogs fans, we have to hope that he taken a vested interest in this team - and wants to see it through before moving on.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The funny thing is, Jeff Brown was the last guy to tell people that junior hockey players make mistakes. That guy screamed until he turned purple for when his players made mistakes. At one point he was suspended by the 67's for abusing one of his players. There was a reason that Konecny couldn't get out of their fast enough. I know it's off topic, just found it funny that Jeff Brown of all people was basically preaching patience.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/loca...nt-with-player
So true! There are not too many coaches I hated more than Jeff Brown. Glad he was shamed out of the league! I know I'm off topic too, but I hate Dale Hunter even more!

Back to Ted Dent
Old 01-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
So true! There are not too many coaches I hated more than Jeff Brown. Glad he was shamed out of the league! I know I'm off topic too, but I hate Dale Hunter even more!

Back to Ted Dent
Oh-oh,,,,, your last few words above will crank someone up, that's for sure LOL
Old 01-24-2018, 03:59 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Oh-oh,,,,, your last few words above will crank someone up, that's for sure LOL
Back to Ted Dent
Old 01-24-2018, 04:03 PM
Big League

Quote:
Back to Ted Dent
Yep Sir, and I hope that he stays with us. I believe that his family did not come to Niagara with him, but, I could be wrong. It is tough to uproot one's family for one season only and once again, I hope that he returns next season.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:34 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of
Angry

Quote:
I have to agree! When you look over Ted Dent's coaching resume, he is probably over-qualified for the OHL. As Ice Dogs fans, we have to hope that he taken a vested interest in this team - and wants to see it through before moving on.
me to... i really thought that he was going to make our pp awesome...but we have no system
Old 01-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
me to... i really thought that he was going to make our pp awesome...but we have no system
Doesnít matter who the coach is he can say/do whatever with the PP if the players donít do what the coaches are saying then they canít do much about it
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post: