Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,210,713   Msgs Posted: 121,930   Thread Views: 21,687,852   Online Now: 92
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News Talk of former IceDog players

Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
3rd Line

Caputigirl17 is on a distinguished road
Default Whats now going to happen? What will they do? Who is staying?

Has anyone heard anything about
Luca???
Alex???
Matt???
and if anyone knows what Swift, Foremen and Dahm are going to do now?
I know Dahm is representing Denmark but does anyone know what he is doing after that?

I love Luca
Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Luca's was drafted by Pittsburg Penguins but is as of yet unsigned. I imagine he'll get asked to their camp in the Fall and they'll decide where he plays from there. I expect him to be back in the 'O next year just to give him time to put on some weight (185lbs is very skinny for a 6'3" frame). Would be scary to see the #'s he'd put up if back in the 'O.

There will be no news on Petro until after the NHL draft. I would expect him to get an invite to the camp of the team who drafts him, then back on the Dogs for next year.

Corrente could very well be kept by the NJ Devils. He had an extended stay with their camp and pre-season at the beginning of this past year.

I haven't heard anything about Swift. Foreman got an invite to Edmonton's camp last fall. He could get another invite and if he impresses, be offered a contract with their AHL affiliate. (these are just all my speculations of course)

Dahm, that's a tough one. He is not drafted and not signed. I hope he gets to actually PLAY for Denark in the World's, has a great outing, impresses NHL scounts, and gets an offer to a camp to show what he can do. If not I'd guess he'll continue to play in Euro leagues until a pro contract comes his way.

Whatever happens, I wish all the guys the best of luck in their careers.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
3rd Line

Caputigirl17 is on a distinguished road

I agree with AlphaDog
Good outlook
and I wish all of them Good Luck in whatever they may do and in their careers !
Old 04-14-2008, 09:55 PM
skatee

as much as i would love ot see luca come back, i think he can play AHL hockey for sure.

he has the tools... and I would love to see how he fares.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatee View Post
as much as i would love ot see luca come back, i think he can play AHL hockey for sure.

he has the tools... and I would love to see how he fares.
Luca is an amazing talent and deserves to showcase those talents in the AHL right now. As Alpha said, he needs to fill out a bit more. He has the height, but just needs a bit of bulk. I can't stand the thought of losing him but I think he may be ready for bigger and better things!

My selfish side says--PLEASE STAY LUCA!!:001_wub:

Old 04-14-2008, 11:54 PM
2nd Line

Domn8r has a spectacular aura aboutDomn8r has a spectacular aura about

Luca is awesome. WHat an amazing playoff he had. Relentless forecheck, strong on the puck, great hockey sense. WOuldnt be surprised to see him play for Pens farm team next season.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domn8r View Post
Luca is awesome. WHat an amazing playoff he had. Relentless forecheck, strong on the puck, great hockey sense. WOuldnt be surprised to see him play for Pens farm team next season.

:y1::y1::y1::y1::y1::y1::y1:
Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domn8r View Post
I had always thought he was too skinny for his height to move up to play with the 'big boys' -- but still, how much more can he develope in this league? Probably from a Pittsburg's GM point of view, if he's someone I wanted to continue having in my system, I'd probably want him in the AHL next year learning things, instead of skating circles around guys in the O getting too-used to the skill level.

Just get 'em on a diet of pastas and steaks, with a weight training program and he should be able to hit 200 easy by mid summer, 210 maybe by training camp. 'Could develop in to a real power foward!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Serving a Suspension

Canuck311 is absolutely hated by othersCanuck311 is absolutely hated by others

Caputi wont be back..
Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Big League

Phil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond repute

yeah Caputis gone. he just got 50+ goals 100+ points. he's proved all he needs to at this level time for the next step