Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,205   Msgs Posted: 122,186   Thread Views: 21,772,290   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:40 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
The Burke's are not figures of authority and maybe they can bully Matt and DJ or CKTB with a gag order but a billet family is doing them more of a favor than the other way around so I don't think they will care or be intimidated the same. If the billets talk and it leaks or they share it on social media or the player himself well you can't blame the people that were told. I think the family and player himself were upset with how he was treated so maybe they were vocal for that reason. Sorry but I don't like the Burke's thinking this is a communist society in St.Cats...

The Burkes have always been hush hush on the business side of things... the fact they called someone in the know to put an end to the rumours tells me that there is some truth to everything but it hardly makes them bullies for asking the people.that public group or forum to delete any rumour
Old 11-18-2018, 01:54 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

We won in the house of horrors for us despite a let down now off Oshawa.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:11 AM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
The Burkes have always been hush hush on the business side of things... the fact they called someone in the know to put an end to the rumours tells me that there is some truth to everything but it hardly makes them bullies for asking the people.that public group or forum to delete any rumour
If they tell the media and now people what then can and cant talk about by forms of intimidation because they think they have some type of status then that's a bully... remember the whole street sign thing? Please these parents and kids are not as nice as they want people to believe. They could have handled it different but oh no Bill Sr has spoken! The fans that buy the tickets and keeps the lights can talk if they want or don't want. This is Canada not North Korea.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,489 Times in 916 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
If they tell the media and now people what then can and cant talk about by forms of intimidation because they think they have some type of status then that's a bully... remember the whole street sign thing? Please these parents and kids are not as nice as they want people to believe. They could have handled it different but oh no Bill Sr has spoken! The fans that buy the tickets and keeps the lights can talk if they want or don't want. This is Canada not North Korea.
I, for one could care less about this topic. End of story on my part.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
A bit hyperbolic, but I get what you're saying.

Again I say... All this nonsense would be preventable by little 1 or 2 line releases (jeebus, even tweets would be easily done) by the Social Media Coordinator. Or god forbid have the Head Coach address it during the Mutual Admiration Society meetings (Interview) after the game. You don't have to run the team like a Mafia Crime Syndicate... Omerta...

Player X is injured (upper/lower body), being looked after by team medical personnel, we expect him back in X games.

Player Y has requested a trade and we're doing our best to accommodate him, however there is no news at this point. Discussions are ongoing, he will/will not be participating in Organized Team Activities for the foreseeable future.

And then they can engage any questions that would not give too much information away (ie specifics).

I mean, fans are fans... And they're going to speculate and talk. Why not get ahead of the rumour mill. Were I running Social Media for the team, I would be having a very pointed talk with the Burkes, and letting them know how to avoid this kind of thing. It's not difficult, except when the team is a family deal. The silence around this team is deafening, and a little off-putting to be honest. Their seeming inability to use their Social Media effectively is disappointing.