Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,160    Downloads: 833,325   Msgs Posted: 111,474   Thread Views: 16,682,987   Online Now: 72
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:43 AM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Awesome. Hope he can be a dog someday!!

In the meantime, I shall call him...Mini-Dilly.

Import Jukka Schotter got his first win in goal with Welland last night 4-2 over Pelham
Old 11-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,529 Times in 715 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Should have called most of them out after that shellacking
Burke did!

Not sure if you caught his radio interview! It was good.

Burke was very candid about what he didn't like from certain player! Making reference to the fact that several of the players were too comfortable and not putting in the same effort they did earlier in the year (or last year) - how some were more worried about how many girls liked them - and that the roster could look very differently with a trade deadline approaching.

If someone has audio of that interview, please post it. It really speaks to the leadership and accountability on Burkes part. He is definitely not afraid to call them out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 12:43 AM
Top Prospect

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Dogs come up flat
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/dogs-come-flat/

“Inconsistent period to period, shift to shift and line to line,” Niagara head coach Billy Burke said when asked for his impressions of the game.

“Anytime you are down 2-0 on the first two shots that’s tough,” he said. “We kind of challenged an older defence pair (William Lochead, Zach Shankar) to do a job on their top line and they get burned on the first goal on the first shift so that kind of sets the tone.”

Burke said. “It’s mentally rattling when you see the arm go up six times in a row."
Old 11-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Top Prospect

IceDogs load up on carbs
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedogs-load-carbs/

Carbonara is also known to play on the edge and be a huge pain in the backside to play against. The classic kind of player who is loved by the home fans and hated pretty much everywhere else. “He’s got some psycho in him for sure, that’s part of the reason we got him,” Burke smiled. “He plays it hard, he plays smash mouth. He’s a dynamic we did not have in our system.”

Carbonara also welcomes the leadership role he will no doubt be asked to fill. “Definitely I’m here to help out with that. I’ve been around the block and I know what it takes to be a winning team in this league and be successful. I’m just going to bring all that here and hopefully it goes well.”
Old 11-18-2017, 06:46 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Well, I can say, he wasn’t the 4th overager for his on-Ice talents.
Ice Dogs better keep their gf’s close.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:13 PM
Top Prospect

IceDogs salvage a point
By Bill Potrecz
http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedogs-salvage-point/

“To come back in the third and tie it up and then we hit a post in overtime, I’m definitely happy with the point,” Niagara head coach Billy Burke said. “
Old 11-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Counting posts now?
Old 11-25-2017, 08:21 AM
Top Prospect

IceDogs grind out victory
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedogs-grind-victory/

Maksimov has scored in five straight games and has points in six in a row. “I don’t even think about it,” Maksimov said. “I’m just trying to work well and play hard for the guys.”

Maksimov had a simple explanation for his recent success. “My partners are helping me a lot and I’m using my shot pretty good, I think.”

Maksimov’s output hasn’t gone unnoticed by IceDogs coach Billy Burke. “He does a lot of things the right way. He has pro potential and it’s great to see him contribute offensively.”
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2017, 11:55 PM
Top Prospect

Hammer time
By Bill Potrecz - November 29, 2017

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/hammer-time/

Ham did just that, revamping his off-ice conditioning and working on his skill set over the summer. The result was a leaner, faster and more skilled player who arrived at camp this year.

“He made a great step over the summer,” IceDogs coach Billy Burke said. “He really committed himself. He changed his whole body. From his diet to his training, he really took it seriously...”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Top Prospect

At the top of his Game
By Bill Potrecz - December 13, 2017

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/at-the-top-of-his-game/

The 19-year-old netminder is playing perhaps as well as he ever has at the Ontario Hockey League level and is a big reason the IceDogs have been able to make a legitimate run at first place in the Central Division.

“He’s looking like he’s the best goalie in the league. We’re biased but I think anyone would say he’s in the top three for sure,” IceDogs coach Billy Burke said.