Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,364    Downloads: 1,053,412   Msgs Posted: 119,042   Thread Views: 20,103,350   Online Now: 55
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:45 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

Wow ! Ice Dog fans need to relax. Joey has done an absolutely amazing job with trades and draft picks. Akil Thomas at #10 is a complete steal. His scouting staff is among the hardest working in the entire OHL. We are quick to jump on the Burke's when things do not work out as we would like. I wonder what we will be saying when Billy is Coach of the Year and Joey is GM of The Year
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 02:47 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,371 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Wow ! Ice Dog fans need to relax. Joey has done an absolutely amazing job with trades and draft picks. Akil Thomas at #10 is a complete steal. His scouting staff is among the hardest working in the entire OHL. We are quick to jump on the Burke's when things do not work out as we would like. I wonder what we will be saying when Billy is Coach of the Year and Joey is GM of The Year

Akil was drafted by Marty.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:39 AM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to alljumbo1290 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey22 View Post
In my view and likely others, our Gm is a sleep at the wheel or his scouting staff definitely were during the lead up to the OHL Draft. Many other teams backed off Halliday because his advisors extremely clear that he was going the college route well before the draft not like others. This article just proves that point 100 percent. Not to mention other posts prior to the draft. Did they not talk to the advisors or the family? I guess not.

The question is Why did we waste as 3rd round pick on someone who had ZERO intention of ever coming and couldn’t have been clearer. The fact he was picked number one in ushl also proves it was all set up way before Ohl draft.

http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...led-commitment

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/ho...73edb3397.html

The 2002 draft is very deep from all accounts so very painful that we missed out on another quality asset.

What am I missing here? Frustrating.
you're missing this: last year Mike Vukojevic said exactly what Halliday is saying and went to the USHL, then quit in January and signed with Kitchener. Things change in a hurry.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Rookie

Hockey22 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully same will happen but unlikely given Halliday just committed to ND vs vukojevic was very far in front of OHL Draft.

College hockey is gaining steam very quickly .

https://www.nhl.com/news/rookie-watc...hl/c-297555930

The fact that nhl is funding college feasibility studies to grow the game further in US will just accelerate it more. I think both paths are good options but college definitely gives you more time to make it.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,479 Times in 811 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey22 View Post
In my view and likely others, our Gm is a sleep at the wheel or his scouting staff definitely were during the lead up to the OHL Draft. Many other teams backed off Halliday because his advisors extremely clear that he was going the college route well before the draft not like others. This article just proves that point 100 percent. Not to mention other posts prior to the draft. Did they not talk to the advisors or the family? I guess not.

The question is Why did we waste as 3rd round pick on someone who had ZERO intention of ever coming and couldn’t have been clearer. The fact he was picked number one in ushl also proves it was all set up way before Ohl draft.

http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...led-commitment

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/ho...73edb3397.html

The 2002 draft is very deep from all accounts so very painful that we missed out on another quality asset.

What am I missing here? Frustrating.

Well I’ve always said I wish they would swing for the fences more often ... they did this time ... and they missed .... I love the aggressiveness ....

Not sure what Halliday is thinking when he says that college route is the best way to develop ... forget his exact words ... pretty sure it’s widely acknowledged that the CHL is THE BEST developmental league In The world for pro hockey.

Oh well what can ya do ....

Plenty of others have said they were only going to go college route ... and yet they end up in London.

Sucks that he’s not reporting though.

I hope the Burkies learn from this ... wonder what made JB day he’s ‘100% going to report?’

That’s what I don’t get ....

He better not say anything so silly in the future ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,479 Times in 811 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Welcome to the forum Bill Burke Sr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 11:20 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

Agree with Jumbo 1290. Let's not forget a year is a long time and now that the organization has a top flight recruiter like Roger MacLeod in charge of scouting I think we might be surprised how things change. Maybe if he would have been in charge earlier Trent Frederic and Josh Norris would have been Ice Dogs.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,014 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Agree with Jumbo 1290. Let's not forget a year is a long time and now that the organization has a top flight recruiter like Roger MacLeod in charge of scouting I think we might be surprised how things change. Maybe if he would have been in charge earlier Trent Frederic and Josh Norris would have been Ice Dogs.
Since NHL teams are extremely eager to sign their 1st rd picks playing NCAA, Norris will most likely be offered an ELC at NHL camp.

From what I understand, Roger MacLeod and Norris’ father are friends and still in close contact with each other. So, we'll have to wait and see if Roger can do enough recruiting to convince the Norris family to sign that 3 million dollar ELC .
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: