Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,563,208   Msgs Posted: 136,313   Thread Views: 39,953,268   Online Now: 95
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:34 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seating Capacity with Covid

I don't understand this. They are only allowed 1000 fans to allow for social distancing. O.K. so far. Why, when you get into the arena are there only 6 sections open for seating and 8 closed off.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:54 PM
Top Prospect

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

That's a great point.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:35 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I don't understand this. They are only allowed 1000 fans to allow for social distancing. O.K. so far. Why, when you get into the arena are there only 6 sections open for seating and 8 closed off.
Less seats open means less cleaning up after some of the "fans". In the 3 days I was at The Meridian Center this week, I saw so much trash just left at the seats, no effort to even think about throwing out their own trash.

The way I see it, there weren't enough people for the seats they DID have open, so why allow them to space themselves out a lot more and track their crap all over the building. Quite simply, I believe they just wanted us in a concentrated area that could be swept for garbage quickly.

I'm surprised no one is complaining about the volume of the music last night... Ow...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2021, 01:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Probably this happened for cleaning purposes. I believe that all sections will be open for the opening game in October. Not sure what the seating will look like for exhibition games though. Just a thought.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:44 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Less seats open means less cleaning up after some of the "fans". In the 3 days I was at The Meridian Center this week, I saw so much trash just left at the seats, no effort to even think about throwing out their own trash.

The way I see it, there weren't enough people for the seats they DID have open, so why allow them to space themselves out a lot more and track their crap all over the building. Quite simply, I believe they just wanted us in a concentrated area that could be swept for garbage quickly.

I'm surprised no one is complaining about the volume of the music last night... Ow...
So, instead of creating more space between people during a global pandemic they have people into a tighter space to save a few minutes tidying up the place?

Last edited by NachoLou; 09-03-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:00 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
So, instead of creating more space between people during a global pandemic they have people into a tighter space to save a few minutes tidying up the place?
Every where seems to be doing this. The River Lions had a max capacity of 1000 and all fans were in 5 sections on the one side only. Blue Jays also do the same as the upper level is closed and all 15,000 fans are on either level 100 or 200. I don’t understand the logic on this either. Wouldn’t spacing the fans out make more sense?
Old 09-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post

They didn't know how many people were coming. As for the trash, I think most of the people there were the parents/grandparents of the players. I agree about the music.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:06 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

I thought the music volume was fine last night. Maybe could have been a bit louder if it was a regular season game but it was okay.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 07:08 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
Were you there? We literally had no one within our 6' bubble. So. Yeah. When there are so few people, why not close off some space to save on labour costs. Take your savings where you can when you're allowing people in, free of charge...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 07:09 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
They didn't know how many people were coming. As for the trash, I think most of the people there were the parents/grandparents of the players. I agree about the music.
Of course they knew how many people were coming, you literally needed a ticket to get in...