Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,420    Downloads: 1,186,702   Msgs Posted: 121,040   Thread Views: 21,295,200   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Serving a Suspension

Canuck311 is absolutely hated by othersCanuck311 is absolutely hated by others
Default A few things I wanted to discuss..

Loverock; He was a good guy .. but i am glad we have a reliable tender taking the reigns... lobber is also back... our team is so much stronger now.. Lover just couldnt get it done.. having him in goal was like having Raycroft as a #1 .....; just doesnt do it..

Desousa; does anyone know exactly the list of injuries he has had this year ? He has had his bell rang a few times..... concussions aren't something you can take lightly...To me I have figured he has had about 3 concussions all year ?!?!? anyone else agree? or know for a fact?

Vanlaren/Aggozino fight; anyone have any video footage of this? Vanlaren dummied him.... some say anyway...

Sellouts; Awesome...

Bob Gale; is there anyway this guy can covince Niagara Falls to add more seats to their larger new pad in the 4 plex? instead of 2000 , make an additional 3000 or more... kinda like the Hershey Center!?!?!?

anyways .. my wife is due anyday .. so I am taking some time off from attending games....

go dogs go
steve
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck311 View Post
Loverock; He was a good guy .. but i am glad we have a reliable tender taking the reigns... lobber is also back... our team is so much stronger now.. Lover just couldnt get it done.. having him in goal was like having Raycroft as a #1 .....; just doesnt do it..
Agreed. I didn't really notice it until I saw a new goaltender between the pipes. I guess sometimes I don't notice the importance of change until it happens and I can compare the new to the old.

Quote:
Desousa; does anyone know exactly the list of injuries he has had this year ? He has had his bell rang a few times..... concussions aren't something you can take lightly...To me I have figured he has had about 3 concussions all year ?!?!? anyone else agree? or know for a fact?

Only the team doctor, Chris's family doctor, and Chris/the Team could tell you. Oddly enough I went to high-school with the team's doctor

Quote:
Vanlaren/Aggozino fight; anyone have any video footage of this? Vanlaren dummied him.... some say anyway...
It's been online since right after that game ended.

Quote:
Sellouts; Awesome...
Lets keep 'em rolling! Maybe other town broadcasts will mention our big support for our team here in Niagara!

Quote:
Bob Gale; is there anyway this guy can covince Niagara Falls to add more seats to their larger new pad in the 4 plex? instead of 2000 , make an additional 3000 or more... kinda like the Hershey Center!?!?!?
Hmm... more seats doesn't mean better for the fans. I'd rather have 3000 at the Jack than 5000 in some rink that's just a plain big box.

Quote:
anyways .. my wife is due anyday .. so I am taking some time off from attending games....
Priorities! PRIORITIES!

(the EMS staff at the rink might be able to deliver a child!)
Old 01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Serving a Suspension

Priorities! PRIORITIES!

(the EMS staff at the rink might be able to deliver a child!) [/quote]

hahaha LOL! yea..
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Serving a Suspension

Hey man ... 5000 seats would keep the dogs here for good..

and an arena like the Hershey Center would be great for the people... so many things so many purposes.... oh yes....
Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM
All Star

B-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud of

My dad was golfing the day I was born.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
All Star

B-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud of

Mind you he was there when I was actually born.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
All Star

GoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond repute

Canuck- an early congrats on the kid....keep us posted....and post a pic or 2 of the new icedogs fan....
Old 01-24-2008, 01:43 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck311 View Post
Hey man ... 5000 seats would keep the dogs here for good..
Not 5000 empty seats. A big rink doesn't mean sell outs when there's no atmosphere. The arena has to have stuff in it that makes it a fun place to go. If it just looks like a big grey room with 5000 seats in it, it wouldn't be very enjoyable to go to. The Hershey Center is a perfect example of that. Compare it to a rink that has come character to it like Kitchener's.

I really don't think just adding thousands of more seats to a plain-jane open space like a 4-pad complex is where we want to be permanently watching our team in the future.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way however. Wouldn't be the first time my thoughts aren't mirrored in others.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Canuck!

As for DeSousa's injuries. To the best of my knowledge he has had only one concussion. The only other injury (other than normal everyday aches and pains) that I am aware of really wasnt an injury. He had a (triple?) root canal. that is why he was wearing the full cage a while ago.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
All Star

I'd love to se Kitchener as the model we use for a new arena around here. Such a nice place, great atmosphere.

I haven't been to a lot of hockey arenas, but there is a definate difference between the atmosphere of the SkyDome (even in the glory days) and a place like Comerica Park in Detroit. You can't really compare the two, that's how different they are.