Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,363    Downloads: 1,053,246   Msgs Posted: 119,030   Thread Views: 20,101,394   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:05 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remaining Schedule

With 7 games (14 points) left in the regular season I can see the Dogs picking up 7 points.

Wins over Peterborough, Flint and Erie and somewhere, somehow, a point in another loss to one of the other teams.

Here's the schedule the rest of the way:

Home to Peterborough, Flint, Windsor, Hamilton and Mississauga

Away to Erie and Hamilton

Home ice in the playoffs is out of the question for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 01:28 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
With 7 games (14 points) left in the regular season I can see the Dogs picking up 7 points.

Wins over Peterborough, Flint and Erie and somewhere, somehow, a point in another loss to one of the other teams.

Here's the schedule the rest of the way:

Home to Peterborough, Flint, Windsor, Hamilton and Mississauga

Away to Erie and Hamilton

Home ice in the playoffs is out of the question for me.
I’m going to be optimistic and say 5 wins Peterborough Flint Windsor Missy Erie
Old 03-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Isay5 zero and one finish strong.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

10 out of a possible 14 points.. I’d love to see it, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. Atrocious officiating in that PBO game, in terms of what they let go, and what they called. NIA is not a particularly good penalty-killing team, and it seems like they get more than their fair share of penalties.
I think it would help the Dogs’ cause if they were more of a stingy defensive team, but this team just doesn’t defend. They have relied on scoring their way out of trouble; almost a ‘best defence is a good offence’ kind of thing. But we know that defence is what wins in the playoffs.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,446 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
10 out of a possible 14 points.. I’d love to see it, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. Atrocious officiating in that PBO game, in terms of what they let go, and what they called. NIA is not a particularly good penalty-killing team, and it seems like they get more than their fair share of penalties.
I think it would help the Dogs’ cause if they were more of a stingy defensive team, but this team just doesn’t defend. They have relied on scoring their way out of trouble; almost a ‘best defence is a good offence’ kind of thing. But we know that defence is what wins in the playoffs.
The game sheet showed that the assessed penalty minutes were 14 for Peterborough and 13 for Niagara, but that 5 minute penalty was a heavy price to pay.

You are completely right about Niagara's defensive play. This is not a criticism of the defensemen alone, but also the forwards. I am sure we have all seen someone go for a fancy skate complete with copious stick work, really putting on a clinic in our own end when a simple outlet pass was available. We have also seen 4/5 skaters run to the other blueline and had the lone defender turn over the puck to two attackers. Those easy defensive moves will not appear on any highlight reel or live on in infamy, but they will stop opposing teams from stealing the puck and putting it in the back of your own net. You are also right in that you can't score your way out of poor defensive habits. This year Willy Lochead has impressed me with his ability to clear the puck in the most straight-forward manner - a simple chip shot, bank off the boards or glass, or a pass along the wing; nothing dazzling just effective.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Last I checked the Dogs were six thin penalty killing
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post: