Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,125   Msgs Posted: 118,548   Thread Views: 19,608,563   Online Now: 82
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

A few games off. A rest. This, my friends, is what you have a backup goaltender for. Nobody needs to pull a Grant Fuhr and play 70 games in a season.
This year, I would have liked to see a 60/40 split between Dhillon and Incze. But that has not been what the coaching staff has chosen.
But nonetheless, this nightmarish, ulcer-inducing streak is OVER!!
Well done, lads.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:01 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Good game by everyone Iím not going to go overly crazy about Dhillons game itís only 1 game even though he played really well but could go back to a crapshoot tomorrow assuming he plays
Old 02-22-2018, 10:07 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to have that monkey off our backs. Great to see Dhillon poised and back in his form. Hard to describe that officiating tonight, other than just down right odd.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:18 PM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Nice to see the boys get back to a more consistent effort. A solid 60 minutes of hockey. Well done boys!
Old 02-23-2018, 12:37 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Seems as though having a few games off has enhanced Dhillon's performance.
Gee what a shock for coach Burke... Give your #1 a couple of games off and he comes back refreshed and almost looking like a new goalie... Imagine if he thought about giving his back-up a game every week when they play 3. Might even have a well rested #1 goalie going into the playoffs.

Ok, that was... A bit sarcastic, but seriously, giving Dhillon some time off would let him heal up the day to day battle wounds that goalies seem to collect. Would give him a chance to rest and reset his brain. AND might help him learn some peer coaching, and scouting skills.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Good game by everyone Iím not going to go overly crazy about Dhillons game itís only 1 game even though he played really well but could go back to a crapshoot tomorrow assuming he plays
I think Dhillon starts... But I don't think it would be a terrible thing to see Incze vs North Bay whether they win or lose tomorrow night. If the coaching staff has enough faith in Incze that they were willing to platoon them and 'ride the hot hand', then for the rest of the season Dhillon should NOT be seeing 3 games in a week. I would have him playing 2, sitting 1...
Old 02-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I think Dhillon starts... But I don't think it would be a terrible thing to see Incze vs North Bay whether they win or lose tomorrow night. If the coaching staff has enough faith in Incze that they were willing to platoon them and 'ride the hot hand', then for the rest of the season Dhillon should NOT be seeing 3 games in a week. I would have him playing 2, sitting 1...
I think Incze gets tomorrow night at least thatís what I would do then go back with Dhillon Saturday
Old 02-23-2018, 12:52 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Incze gets tomorrow night at least thatís what I would do then go back with Dhillon Saturday
That makes sense. Probably won't happen.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:54 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
That makes sense. Probably won't happen.
Pretty much wont happen because it makes sense
Old 02-23-2018, 01:39 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Pretty much wont happen because it makes sense
Won't happen because Dhillon looked strong today... I doubt Coach Burke thinks far enough outside the box to give a start to Incze after Dhillon had a good game. Not saying it's not a good idea... The conventional thing to do is to come back with Dhillon. And that's what I would bet Burke will do.