Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,127   Msgs Posted: 118,548   Thread Views: 19,609,145   Online Now: 76
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Stinky, I don’t think you should have anything to worry about for next year. There should be many new players - many graduating, others simply released. Many new coaches - some shuffled down, others shuffled out the door. There is a complete lack of discipline on this team - I have never seen this go on for this long before. It’s like with kids: ‘If you do ____, then the consequences will be____’. If you do not follow through with the corrective action, the kids will learn that your consequential threats are hollow. It seems to me that Billy Burke simply doesn’t have the balls to discipline his players. ‘I need more ___ from you.’ Player doesn’t do it. ‘HEY! I need more ____ from you!’ No change. ‘HEY! WAKE THE F__K UP!’ No change.
Benched.
Players will definitely be different next year at least 3-4 new guys maybe more but coaches won’t change unless Dent gets another job in the AHL actually maybe Sparre goes but doubt it

Last edited by dogs777; 02-23-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess all I’m trying to say here is that I think a lineup in any team sport needs to be a meritocracy. Ice-time is earned.
What has happened this season is what happens when coaching is not based on a meritocracy. I don’t know what it’s based on here.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess all Iím trying to say here is that I think a lineup in any team sport needs to be a meritocracy. Ice-time is earned.
What has happened this season is what happens when coaching is not based on a meritocracy. I donít know what itís based on here.

I disagree... i beleive after 8 seasons as an assistant coach he has merited it and to back up that decision they also brought in Dent to mentor him thru the transition and i also believe that for the most part he gives the players the ice time that they deserve
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not talking about the assistant coach.. I’m talking about playing time being based on a meritocracy: if you play well, you play more. If you do not, you don’t play.
The coaching this season was not based on that. And the lack of a meritocracy in the coaching is what has produced the results we’ve seen. Individual, selfish play that has not been corrected, or even called to account. Once that happened, the season all went to
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Iím not talking about the assistant coach.. Iím talking about playing time being based on a meritocracy: if you play well, you play more. If you do not, you donít play.
The coaching this season was not based on that. And the lack of a meritocracy in the coaching is what has produced the results weíve seen. Individual, selfish play that has not been corrected, or even called to account. Once that happened, the season all went to
Its easy to sit at your computer and spew that mediocre coach is to blame fir everything... it comes as no surprise to me that everyone would say that adter Billy was named head coach... if Bell was still here and the team waz playong the same way tbey have been there would be no calls of mediocre coaching
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 12:08 PM

Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,427 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I disagree, if a coach wasn't doing things a coach was expected to do, people would call them on that regardless of who it was. For me it has nothing to do with who Billy Burke is related to, I have no problem with it, but be the coach. A guy goes out and does something really stupid that hurts the team and he has a history of it, there needs to be consequences.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 12:09 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Got all things covered there AuldBone, way to go out on a limb. Lol
In the current climate we live in, it is better to be able to argue both sides than neither...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 12:24 PM
3rd Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

blame the coach blame the players blame the GM blame the owners the fact is we are not that good of a team.we need to improve in all these areas if we are trying to win a championship and as long as are willing to accept average then thats what we will get
Old 02-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I disagree, if a coach wasn't doing things a coach was expected to do, people would call them on that regardless of who it was. For me it has nothing to do with who Billy Burke is related to, I have no problem with it, but be the coach. A guy goes out and does something really stupid that hurts the team and he has a history of it, there needs to be consequences.
He is being the coach the difference is people on here just donít either a) like him or b) like his coaching style
Old 02-24-2018, 01:42 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
blame the coach blame the players blame the GM blame the owners the fact is we are not that good of a team.we need to improve in all these areas if we are trying to win a championship and as long as are willing to accept average then thats what we will get
I think we are a good team just not as good as the top teams (Kingston and Barrie in the east) but people expected us to be better I donít know why and since we arenít they complain