Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,343   Msgs Posted: 118,607   Thread Views: 19,636,614   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:03 PM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think we are a good team just not as good as the top teams (Kingston and Barrie in the east) but people expected us to be better I donít know why and since we arenít they complain
I don't know how many people expect the Dogs to be better than Kingston or Barrie. I certainly don't. I did however believe that we were better than North Bay, Sudbury, Ottawa, Windsor, Peterborough, etc... Unfortunately, Niagara is quickly showing that this may not be the case as they have struggled against these teams this year. At times, the Dogs have not shown up to play a full 60 minutes against these teams and the results show in the standings. If they put out a consistently strong effort, I believe that they could still be chasing the "better" teams. It is this inconsistent play that causes me to complain. I still believe that with better effort, a 4th place finish is well within reach.

I don't know who / what is to blame for the roller coaster ride this season. Yes I realize that these boys are still boys and as with most teenagers, it can be like pushing rope to get them to fall in line and play a system but playing hard for 60 minutes has been their single biggest issue all season.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:09 PM
3rd Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think we are a good team just not as good as the top teams (Kingston and Barrie in the east) but people expected us to be better I donít know why and since we arenít they complain
i guess we agree to disagree i think there in the er
Old 02-24-2018, 03:37 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
I don't know how many people expect the Dogs to be better than Kingston or Barrie. I certainly don't. I did however believe that we were better than North Bay, Sudbury, Ottawa, Windsor, Peterborough, etc... Unfortunately, Niagara is quickly showing that this may not be the case as they have struggled against these teams this year. At times, the Dogs have not shown up to play a full 60 minutes against these teams and the results show in the standings. If they put out a consistently strong effort, I believe that they could still be chasing the "better" teams. It is this inconsistent play that causes me to complain. I still believe that with better effort, a 4th place finish is well within reach.

I don't know who / what is to blame for the roller coaster ride this season. Yes I realize that these boys are still boys and as with most teenagers, it can be like pushing rope to get them to fall in line and play a system but playing hard for 60 minutes has been their single biggest issue all season.
I could see expecting to be better than them before the season started because at least I thought Kingston would end up doing the opposite of what they did trade wise and Barrie has Lazarev who until this year hasnít been very good and sure we havenít been great against some teams but the Sudbury losses were early in the year (first month and a bit) and we werenít the team we are now then Peterborough and Windsor have 2 of the better goalies in the league IMO only guy i might take over them is Helvig plus Windsor was 1 game anyone can win a game in the league. I agree if they showed for 60 every night they could be chasing the better teams still (at least Barrie) but some teams just donít have the ability to play a full 60 minutes every night. As for who or what to blame for the roller coaster season honestly some days itís defensive some itís offensive some is goaltending and overall itís just the grind of playing a long season and potentially (probably with this team) playoffs
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post: