Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,746    Downloads: 1,650,364   Msgs Posted: 130,805   Thread Views: 27,557,939   Online Now: 122
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:37 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing floor issues is a cover up for a lack of tickets sales.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:58 AM

Thanked 3,468 Times in 1,898 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
haha... yes, more people on the floor than in the stands is a definite issue
Old 11-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,121 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post

Good guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2019, 06:04 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

No it was definitely logistical issues with the playing field. I wondered how they were going to put in the nets when the one end at the Meridian Centre has raised steps behind the boards. Now I know.

URL
https://www.frontrowsoccer.com/2019/...ies-postponed/

MetroStars officials noticed there were issues with their boards when they attended an exhibition game between their team at Utica City FC Sunday night, according to Fantauzzo.

“The Canadian owner decided to look at the boards and realized that the boards in St. Catharine’s are very similar to the ones in Utica and unfortunately [discovered] they don’t have the right board system,” Fantauzzo said.

Fantauzzo then explained it.

“In simple lingo, the one side of the field where the Zamboni comes out of that is flush with the ground,” he said. “The other side, in most hockey arenas, is like a foot higher where the seats are. So, hockey arenas have been doing across the country, as they have in Utica, they have built a makeshift wall, an indoor soccer wall with a goal built into it. I don’t think that the owner of the Canadian MetroStars realized that until he showed up last night … and ‘Hey, wait, I might have an issue here.’ They looked into it and they were right. They can’t put the goal in.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2019, 06:24 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,121 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
No it was definitely logistical issues with the playing field. I wondered how they were going to put in the nets when the one end at the Meridian Centre has raised steps behind the boards. Now I know.

URL

https://www.frontrowsoccer.com/2019/...ies-postponed/

MetroStars officials noticed there were issues with their boards when they attended an exhibition game between their team at Utica City FC Sunday night, according to Fantauzzo.

“The Canadian owner decided to look at the boards and realized that the boards in St. Catharine’s are very similar to the ones in Utica and unfortunately [discovered] they don’t have the right board system,” Fantauzzo said.

Fantauzzo then explained it.

“In simple lingo, the one side of the field where the Zamboni comes out of that is flush with the ground,” he said. “The other side, in most hockey arenas, is like a foot higher where the seats are. So, hockey arenas have been doing across the country, as they have in Utica, they have built a makeshift wall, an indoor soccer wall with a goal built into it. I don’t think that the owner of the Canadian MetroStars realized that until he showed up last night … and ‘Hey, wait, I might have an issue here.’ They looked into it and they were right. They can’t put the goal in.”

Great due diligence on their part

Maybe they should’ve investigated that before they announced a date there

Lol

Comical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: