Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,210,900   Msgs Posted: 121,930   Thread Views: 21,690,528   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this should be in it own thread but Alpha metion the crowds for new arena this is early but the average is in for the first three home games on this site http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/att.cgi the Icedogs average it just over 2,700 this season so far a slight drop but the whole leauge seems to be down this season only London, Sarnia , Owen Sound and Saginaw is up in attendance
Old 10-13-2011, 05:09 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

I suspect we are seeing a drop in attendance due to the change in the OHL style of play. I notice a lot of places they prefer more physical hockey - Niagara, Oshawa, Windsor - attendance is down significantly. I know I dropped my Dogs season tickets and am unlikely to go to any games this year. In places that seem to prefer a softer game - Kitchener, London - attendance hasn't been affected one way or the other.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 PM
1st Line

rabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud of

Give me a break....seriously?...lol
The Following User Says Thank You to rabiddogfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiddogfan View Post
Give me a break....seriously?...lol
Which post is this intended for?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
1st Line

rabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud of

Personaly I think attendence is down because of the baseball playoffs and Greys Anatomy.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 PM
1st Line

Quote:
Personaly I think attendence is down because of the baseball playoffs and Greys Anatomy.
Baseball playoffs, perhaps. But they're on every year at this time and the attendance is down compared to the same point last year.

Gray's Anatomy, I know nothing about that.

I still think it's the change in the game. The OHL's gotten a lot less intense and physical in the past 2-3 years, I've come across a lot of other people who just don't watch anymore - they didn't all quit watching this year, but it's been gradual. I didn't get my tickets because the style the OHL has evolved to, I don't find it interesting anymore. And I couldn't even find anyone to give my tickets to, I don't really know anyone who's an OHL fan other than people who already have season tickets.

Just my opinion, we're all entitled to our opinions!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 PM
1st Line

I actuall prefer the ohl over the nhl...bunch of overpaid bums....sorry nuthun beats being at the Jack for a Dogs game...its too bad you feel the way you do..I guess we won't see you at the parade then..lol...just kidding...great game tonight boys and I bet there will be a lot more then 2500 next Thursday.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:52 AM
1st Line

Let's trade everybody and start fresh... Not enough heart or desire to be a championship team ....prove me wrong?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Let's trade everybody and start fresh... Not enough heart or desire to be a championship team ....prove me wrong?
10 games in and Dogs Nation is ready to write the season off? JOAS, you guys are pathetic!

I could understand this if it were, say, nearly halfway through the season...but barely one-sixth of the games play and we're tossing the towel in?
Old 10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
3rd Line

joecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
10 games in and Dogs Nation is ready to write the season off? JOAS, you guys are pathetic!

I could understand this if it were, say, nearly halfway through the season...but barely one-sixth of the games play and we're tossing the towel in?
He doesn't speak for me. I'm not worried yet. It takes time to get all players on the same page after being all over the place at different camps.