Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,350   Msgs Posted: 118,224   Thread Views: 19,249,124   Online Now: 82
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 PM
4th Line

bunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by others

Anyway how much do billets get a week? Do they get free tickets to games also?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:51 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnie View Post
Anyway how much do billets get a week? Do they get free tickets to games also?
Almost enough to cover the food the players eat and yes, in the top rows of 117. They also get some away game tickets too.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:13 AM
4th Line

7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice

We billeted for three seasons 204-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17. In our experience it was amazing. We had 2 imports and a more local (Ontario) kid. The two imports were done school; they would work out in the morning, go to school events and then had their on-ice practice. They had a weeknight and a weekend curfew. All three of the boys became like our sons and brothers to our boys. There were a lot of tears when they left our home and we miss all three of them terribly. We still keep in touch with all three. In fact, we see one of the imports a few times a year (he's going to University in Ontario now) and the other imports is coming to visit us in the next few weeks. We were paid $400 for the month; it literally covers the food that they eat and we got 2 season tickets. The players can usually get a few tickets for away games if they have family/friends coming to games, but that would be up to the other team. There is a lot of talk about a "certain kid" above. No one except him, his coach and his parents know the situation; so don't judge or assume. There have been some pretty bad billets; families where kids asked for new billetsand some kids just don't "fit" with a family.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 7Dogs4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No one except him, his coach and his parents know the situation; so don't judge or assume.
Which one are you? Are you saying that certain player wasn't a fit for any billet family and didn't live in a hotel room for a while until the goalie coach opened up his door?
Old 04-06-2018, 07:06 AM
4th Line

7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice7Dogs4 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Which one are you? Are you saying that certain player wasn't a fit for any billet family and didn't live in a hotel room for a while until the goalie coach opened up his door?
I didnít say that at all. I think my quote was something to the effect that only the player, coach and his parents know what the situation was and that it shouldnít be judged. I am also saying that over the years there have been players that just didnít fit with a Billet. That wouldnít be the first time that a player lived with a coach. And in all honesty itís up to the team to find the most suitable place for a player to live. The team has to do the best thing for the player. Our Billet system is likely one of the very best in the OHL. We have a Billet system that makes the families and players comfortable with rules, cerfews and a limit on the number of players in the home.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Dogs4 View Post
I didnít say that at all. I think my quote was something to the effect that only the player, coach and his parents know what the situation was and that it shouldnít be judged. I am also saying that over the years there have been players that just didnít fit with a Billet. That wouldnít be the first time that a player lived with a coach. And in all honesty itís up to the team to find the most suitable place for a player to live. The team has to do the best thing for the player. Our Billet system is likely one of the very best in the OHL. We have a Billet system that makes the families and players comfortable with rules, cerfews and a limit on the number of players in the home.
Oh ok I thought you were calling BS on my information. To be clear, I didn't mean anything negative towards the billet family(s) that tried to host him or the others that declined to try.