Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,705    Downloads: 1,524,400   Msgs Posted: 128,588   Thread Views: 25,430,657   Online Now: 107
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:50 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Joey Burke!!
Please try to convince Willy Lochead to wait a year for school and come back for our promising entertaining season!!
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Was there any good posts about him on the Brandon board?

That looked pretty grim.
I didn't see any, but I only read a few pages. Didn't like what I saw, so stopped reading.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Big League

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,495 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
All sounds good. IMO, based on Joey's record when he says things publicly, it doesn't hold much water (i.e. Miletic, Halladay, OA's). Again, I'll wait to see them with my own eyes. I hope they turn out to be superstars.
I'm with you FF51. I hope they turn out to be superstar or at the very least really good OHL players . Camp will be interesting this year!

Sometimes Joey gets questioned for his words, but certainly not in his actions. He is building up a nice little resume for himself.

<> His first significant move was getting Akil Thomas signed to an OHL contract.
<> Traded Knott and Paquette for a total of 10 picks: @ 5 - 2nd, 3 - 3rd, 4th and a 6th
<> Traded Davis for Maksimov, 2nd and 3rd rd picks
<> In 2017, drafted Tomasino, Constantinou, Martin, Nardi and Howard.
<> Traded Singer for Lodnia.

• In regards to Halliday, we won’t fairly know if spoke too soon until this time next year.
• And when Burke was answered the OA question – he was as diplomatic as he could be without crossing that “breach of confidentiality” line.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Come on Joey Burke!!
Please try to convince Willy Lochead to wait a year for school and come back for our promising entertaining season!!
I agree. I think that would be a huge catch for us - but I don't see it happening sadly.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:06 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
My shot at the Opening Day Lineup

Sopa / Jones / Maksimov
Tomasino / Thomas / Lodnia
Philip / Johnson / O/A
Castleman / Bruder / Martin

Extra Forwards Ryan Campbell / Joel Mazzilli

MacPherson / Ham
Hunter / Bukac
Roberts / Moore
Howard / Constantinou

Extra Defence Jonathon Schaefer / Daniel Nardi

Dhillon
Incze

I wouldn't be shocked to see Constantinou traded at some point for a high(er) end F or Shutdown D. I don't see any place on this team for Schaefer. I think he'll be released or traded (for a bag of pucks). Uberti and De Simone will probably see spot duty on the 4th line.
The Vallati trade to Oshawa today signals they are going for it. Are we going to be better than them?

The defence has me concerned. Looking back at the last time that the Dogs won the East their D was:

Haydon; Mikulovich; Mantha; Wesley; Lochead; Siebenaler, Dunn - with occasional duty from Wilkie; H Davis

Compare that D with the D listed above: much bigger and more experience. I am not convinced we can win the East (let alone the OHL) with that D core?
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
My shot at the Opening Day Lineup

Sopa / Jones / Maksimov
Tomasino / Thomas / Lodnia
Philip / Johnson / O/A
Castleman / Bruder / Martin

Interesting to compare that F line-up with that from the last East-winning team...

Harper; Maletta; Knott; Corneil; Difruscia; Ho-Sang; Jenys; Jones; T Boston; Perlini; Paquette; Langdon (with Pastorius occasionally).

How does that team of Fs stack up against what we have now?

Interesting that the only player left from that run is Jones - who did not really play any # of mins after Tyler Boston was brought in and only saw minimal # of games thru injuries in the play-offs. Will our draftees from this year be accepting of such low mins if that is how Billy chooses to use them?
Old 08-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,151 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I a m not over concerned about any other teams move this season as if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
I spoke to Coach Billy outside the office earlier this week. Congratulated him and the staff on the signings and the big trade.
I also told that I was expecting a couple of minor moves due to the abundance of players in our stock pile.

Also stated to him that I was still expecting 2 or maybe 3 major moves (game changes between opening day and the deadline.
I was looking for a reaction from him. I got a pretty good smile but, no comment as I expected.

We will have to see how the moves work out.
All good
Old 08-17-2018, 01:30 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to all

The Vallati trade to Oshawa today signals they are going for it. Are we going to be better than them?

The defence has me concerned. Looking back at the last time that the Dogs won the East their D was:

Haydon; Mikulovich; Mantha; Wesley; Lochead; Siebenaler, Dunn - with occasional duty from Wilkie; H Davis

Compare that D with the D listed above: much bigger and more experience. I am not convinced we can win the East (let alone the OHL) with that D core

5 of those defencemen were NHL draft picks .. how many of our current D-men are NHL draft picks ? also let's not forget that Ned was the goalie and as much as I like Dhillon I think Ned was a much stronger goalie.

Up front both teams are explosive although I like the OA line-=up on the previous team with Maletta - Dufruscia and Harper
Old 08-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,151 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

The Ice Dogs have just announced that they have signed Jody Hull to the position of Associate Coach in Niagara.
Not sure if that means that Ted Dent will move on.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Interesting to compare that F line-up with that from the last East-winning team...

Harper; Maletta; Knott; Corneil; Difruscia; Ho-Sang; Jenys; Jones; T Boston; Perlini; Paquette; Langdon (with Pastorius occasionally).

How does that team of Fs stack up against what we have now?

Interesting that the only player left from that run is Jones - who did not really play any # of mins after Tyler Boston was brought in and only saw minimal # of games thru injuries in the play-offs. Will our draftees from this year be accepting of such low mins if that is how Billy chooses to use them?
Forward wise i think this team is in a better spot on D and in net I honestly don’t know