Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,419    Downloads: 1,184,479   Msgs Posted: 120,987   Thread Views: 21,246,735   Online Now: 96
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:18 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Dead Zone

From about the last week of July until about the last week of August. Memorial Cup, Stanley Cup, OHL Draft, NHL Draft, free agency all done, then it happens. No trades, no hiring, no firing. No rumours, no hockey news whatsoever.
This, friends, is the Dead Zone. Now, this off-season was a bit of an exception, with the Buffalo Sabres pulling off the Jeff Skinner trade(which was great). Even some forum members have gone dark, off to the cottage. For the hockey junkie like myself, man, August is a long month. But as soon as August starts to come to a close, one starts to feel it coming. Hockey is not far away now...
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
From about the last week of July until about the last week of August. Memorial Cup, Stanley Cup, OHL Draft, NHL Draft, free agency all done, then it happens. No trades, no hiring, no firing. No rumours, no hockey news whatsoever.
This, friends, is the Dead Zone. Now, this off-season was a bit of an exception, with the Buffalo Sabres pulling off the Jeff Skinner trade(which was great). Even some forum members have gone dark, off to the cottage. For the hockey junkie like myself, man, August is a long month. But as soon as August starts to come to a close, one starts to feel it coming. Hockey is not far away now...
Sorry but I dont get it..Dead Zone?
No trades you said.. Icedogs made a huge trade in August and there was a buzz on this forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Very simple: few trades, little news, not much to do until camp starts in September.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

While I agree with what you are saying.

This has been a really good August for the Ice Dogs, remarkable even.

2 imports signed and the Singer trade.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

that singer trade.... wow did santa ever come early for me this year.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,509 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Nothing against Schaefer or Singer personally but they were the top two on my sacrifice list once Langdon left. They were both good players in the rebuild year and I liked them both for what they contributed when we needed talent and couldn't afford any.

As for the Dead Zone, from my perspective it usually runs between the NHL Draft and the first X-Game. Any day under 50 messages to review is a soft touch . That said, I agree wholeheartedly with DE104 - what we have missed in quantity we have made up for in quality! It's been a great off-season and the Burke Bros. & Co. have set the stage for a very exciting season, with more news to come!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought The Dead Zone was in Niagara on the Lake?
Old 08-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Big League

‘As for the Dead Zone... usually runs between the NHL Draft and the first x-game’. That’s pretty much exactly what I’m saying. But whatever. Now that we’ve come through it, things are going to start happening very soon. The first exhibition game is Barrie on August 31st. Man, it seems like it’s been a very long time coming. By this time of the summer, It’s just absolute Hockey Withdrawal.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:48 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
ĎAs for the Dead Zone... usually runs between the NHL Draft and the first x-gameí. Thatís pretty much exactly what Iím saying. But whatever. Now that weíve come through it, things are going to start happening very soon. The first exhibition game is Barrie on August 31st. Man, it seems like itís been a very long time coming. By this time of the summer, Itís just absolute Hockey Withdrawal.
Yeah, that's why I went to see Falcons V Blackhawks exhibition game last week... Was pretty fun. Definitely worth sitting in a cold arena, to see some hockey...

Even if it was a tad more chippy than I generally prefer to see... The GF was in her glory, yelling 'Punch him in the face'... Until one of the kid's moms yelled at her... lol

All in all, a good night of hockey. I really should fill in my calendar with more Jr B games this year.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:29 PM

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,509 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
I always thought The Dead Zone was in Niagara on the Lake?
...good call, it was filmed there!
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: