Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,423    Downloads: 1,191,241   Msgs Posted: 121,200   Thread Views: 21,376,380   Online Now: 99
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:17 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,534 Times in 845 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
plus these two other players had a cup of coffee with us David Sysala czech 12-13 and Petteri Simila fin 09-10

Both were Jr C level players at best ... AWFUL AWFUL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 08:49 AM

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,517 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Both were Jr C level players at best ... AWFUL AWFUL
How will we survive without Marty's connections?
Old 05-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,425 Times in 868 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

My thoughts on the import draft is that if we cannot pick and sign a top 6 forward or a top 4 defense man, then go with a North American player.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:56 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
My thoughts on the import draft is that if we cannot pick and sign a top 6 forward or a top 4 defense man, then go with a North American player.
You can hope to sign both but you don’t/won’t know what they are until a month into the season (at the earliest) except for a select few like a Liljegren last year

Last edited by dogs777; 05-29-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
You can hope to sign both but you donít/wonít know what they are until a month into the season (at the earliest) except for a select few like a Liljegren last year
If I were the GM and the limited scouting reports that I might have on them would be the determining factor as to whether making a pick or passing.
They have to be talented enough to be top 6 or top 4 , or I would pass.

I want a player like Barrie picked last year or maybe a little bit less talented or once again, I am passing.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:54 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
If I were the GM and the limited scouting reports that I might have on them would be the determining factor as to whether making a pick or passing.
They have to be talented enough to be top 6 or top 4 , or I would pass.

I want a player like Barrie picked last year or maybe a little bit less talented or once again, I am passing.
If you want a player like Barrie got come last and get a top pick you arenít finding someone that good lower in the draft unless teams are dumb. They might be talented enough in Europe but coming here is a totally different game thatís why itís harder to scout these guys
Old 05-29-2018, 03:53 PM
Big League

We are going around in circles here triple 7.
The bottom line for me and that is my opinion.... If the player once again, with all of the scouting material that the team has,,, is good enough for top 6only or top 4 only, and willing to Sign.. I would sign him... If not, I would pass
Old 05-29-2018, 06:17 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,089 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
If you want a player like Barrie got come last and get a top pick you arenít finding someone that good lower in the draft unless teams are dumb. They might be talented enough in Europe but coming here is a totally different game thatís why itís harder to scout these guys
I completely agree with RSJ. This is a repost by me but draft position has nothing to do with the quality of player the Ice Dogs could draft.

Oli Joulevi was a project top 10 NHL pick when he was selected 45th overall by the London Knight in 2015 CHL Import draft.

Player agents (and money) runs the Import draft. So if a team has negotiated a deal with an import player Ė the team will usually be able to draft that player regardless of where they draft (e.g., 2017 Rasmus Sandin).
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can’t convince them to come over, it doesn’t matter drafting 1st, 4th or 450th. Niagara has never been able to find top Euro talent and get them over here. I would almost rather get compensatory picks in the Priority Selection, and just not even bother with Euros.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,517 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
If you canít convince them to come over, it doesnít matter drafting 1st, 4th or 450th. Niagara has never been able to find top Euro talent and get them over here. I would almost rather get compensatory picks in the Priority Selection, and just not even bother with Euros.
Draft someone as a spoiler, I still like that plan if no one decent is agreeing to head this way.