Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,800    Downloads: 1,985,813   Msgs Posted: 134,843   Thread Views: 33,480,102   Online Now: 138
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Would you renew your Season Tickets now if asked?
YES - this will all work out according to the OHL's plan 7 33.33%
NO - I am not risking my money on a potentially cancelled or partial season 5 23.81%
WAIT - when the Province ok's things, then I will, but not before 2 9.52%
WHO CARES - I am not a Season Ticket holder anyhow. 2 9.52%
NOT HAPPY - I will renew so I don't lose my seats, but this was not nice 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,319 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Not sure what the original question was but based on the reply It sounds like, if the season-ticket holder puts down a $100 deposit for the coming season but feels for health and safety reason does not wish to purchase tickets for the 20-21, that deposit will allow the season ticket holder to defer his season tickets to the 21-22 season. So with that deposit, they won’t sell your seat as season tickets but perhaps sell it as a single game seat through the 20-21 season.

Perhaps RSJ can get additional clarification for us when he speaks directly to Raven, expressing his situation regarding personal health concerns.
Thank you all and I will call her on Monday and put the info on here.
Sounds exactly what I was hoping for that Blacksox wrote.

Either way, all is good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 08:10 AM

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,986 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Thank you all and I will call her on Monday and put the info on here.
Sounds exactly what I was hoping for that Blacksox wrote.

Either way, all is good.
How did you make out?
Old 08-11-2020, 08:53 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
How did you make out?
Rather than calling, I sent her a long-winded email and I have not heard back from her yet. I expect that there is conversation going on and someone in a higher pay scale will be making a decision. I don't think that I would have gotten an answer from her yesterday, even if I had called.
Sorry for the delay.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Team Captain

What Blacksox wrote in post #41 was pretty much bang on.

I just received this response from Raiven.

We would love to have you back for the 21-22 season. In order to secure your seats for the 21-22 season, a $100+tax per ticket deposit is required.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 05:41 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
What Blacksox wrote in post #41 was pretty much bang on.

I just received this response from Raiven.

We would love to have you back for the 21-22 season. In order to secure your seats for the 21-22 season, a $100+tax per ticket deposit is required.
Haha, there you go!!
For some of you to quickly criticize management, jump to conclusions and speculate without asking management,,shame on you!!
You all know who you are, so dont hide now.
I give respect to RSJ for the only one so far to come forth, lets see how many others do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 06:45 PM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

RSJ looking back at the Season Ticket Holder renewal email... OPTION 3 : Pay $100 deposit now, and pay the balance ( + HST) by November 1st... was always an option

I'm renewing 21 seats tomorrow in full, but I wanted to draw Option 3 to your attention.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:22 PM

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,986 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Haha, there you go!!
For some of you to quickly criticize management, jump to conclusions and speculate without asking management,,shame on you!!
I give respect to RSJ for the only one so far to come forth, lets see how many others do.
Before you go looking under the bed for conspiracy theorists, please refer to the IceDogs initial communication. Was there any announcement about a refund if the season was cancelled or shortened - nope. That information came as a result of a STH asking the question directly and getting an answer a day later. While you are reading the announcement from the IceDogs, check and see if you can find any mention of holding your seats for 2021-22. Was it there - nope. That information came about as a result of another STH asking the question directly as well. Blacksox answer was based on his opinion of what was right and good through other circumstances in other organizations - and to date, there has still not been an announcement publicly and widely supporting their adopted policies.

Perhaps it was the IceDogs intention to make these concessions all along and they forgot to say so, or it didn't occur to them, but they liked the idea. They are good people, it is entirely likely that was the case. Positive changes often come from one or two people asking questions and being listened to. I am glad I asked my question and that RSJ asked his. I also agree with Robdog's take on "option three".
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 09:06 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Haha, there you go!!
You should not forget that Blacksox put this info out first. Thank you
Old 08-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
RSJ looking back at the Season Ticket Holder renewal email... OPTION 3 : Pay $100 deposit now, and pay the balance ( + HST) by November 1st... was always an option

I'm renewing 21 seats tomorrow in full, but I wanted to draw Option 3 to your attention.
You should remember that my question to the team was that it was my intention of not renewing my tickets for this season because of the Covid situation and our health concerns.

And, if I could keep the same seats for the 2021 / 2022 season. If I were to pay the $110.00 + tax per seats. My two seats would be held for me for the 2021/22 season.

I think that we are talking about two different scenarios here, Robdog
Old 08-11-2020, 10:07 PM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

When I call tomorrow, I will ask in detail the pay $100 and have my seat next year scenario.

I hope Raiven understood your question because I like you up two rows from me.