Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,000,963   Msgs Posted: 118,495   Thread Views: 19,586,175   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 03-17-2016, 10:18 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,358 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default Website up and down lately

Yes, I'm completely aware that the site is sometimes not responding. Other times it's giving a dbase error.

Nothing has changed in the config, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've got someone with more know-how looking in to it, but until/unless the problem is found and fixed, it might just be something we'll have to put up with.

GRR.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 10:24 AM

Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,427 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Yes, I'm completely aware that the site is sometimes not responding. Other times it's giving a dbase error.

Nothing has changed in the config, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've got someone with more know-how looking in to it, but until/unless the problem is found and fixed, it might just be something we'll have to put up with.

GRR.

As a work-around if you are struggling to get to the login screen and getting a database error, try icedogfans.com instead of forum.icedogfans.com and then select the "Contact" option, then once you get logged in you can disregard sending any message through the contact form.

Last edited by NiceDawg; 03-17-2016 at 10:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Have you tried an off-line defragmentation of the database?
Old 03-17-2016, 02:00 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,358 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

It could have been a table in the database called 'guestviews' that was used by an add-on that tracked the number of guest visits. I disabled the add-on. Not sure if it will fix things, but fingers crossed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 03:19 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Don't sweat it AlphaDog...there's plenty of people on here who are more than happy with things only working 50% of the time (ducking)
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,308 Times in 787 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Don't sweat it AlphaDog...there's plenty of people on here who are more than happy with things only working 50% of the time (ducking)

Good one LOL, And we even have a hockey team that only works 50% of the time as well LOL again and I too, am ducking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 03:22 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I figured he did it on purpose. With the ice dogs off for a few days you guys needed something else to shake your fists at.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Good one LOL, And we even have a hockey team that only works 50% of the time as well LOL again and I too, am ducking.
My point exactly when the site runs at 99.99% the odd problem is forgotten! Great job AlphaDog (is now the right time to ask about a raise?)
Old 03-17-2016, 04:17 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this is THE nicest forum of all the OHL teams I have browsed, so hats off to you guys for making this happen.

New-guy question...who funds this endeavour?

Last edited by Aircanuck; 03-17-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Well, this is THE nicest forum of all the OHL teams I have browsed, so hats off to you guys for making this happen.
Abject flattery is always in season. I have to agree, no other individual team has the kind of fan involvement that this one attracts - and that is based largely on the quality of the participants.

Quote:
New-guy question...who funds this endeavour?
AlphaDog is the site's benefactor.