Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,337    Downloads: 884,949   Msgs Posted: 117,497   Thread Views: 18,149,837   Online Now: 102
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,958 Times in 932 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default Honouring IceDog Legends

I came across this video on the OHL website - Sarnia Sting retiring Stamkos #91- and I thought wouldn't it be great to see the Ice Dogs do the same?

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...steven-stamkos

Perhaps, start with...

Old 01-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,270 Times in 757 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Petro would be a good way to start things off, but, I am not sure if would happen.
The reason being that when St. Louis decided to send him back to Niagara, Petro demanded a trade.
Henceforth, Petro ended up finishing his OHL career with the Barrie Colts.
I am not sure if it is an issue with our owners that he would not come back here.
Time will tell when the time is right.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

One day it will happen.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Was he drafted by the ID’s?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Was he drafted by the ID’s?
Yes he was. Pietrangelo was drafted third overall by Mississauga IceDogs in 2006, then moved over to the Niagara Ice Dogs in 2007.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 02:25 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Petro would be a good way to start things off, but, I am not sure if would happen.
The reason being that when St. Louis decided to send him back to Niagara, Petro demanded a trade.
I am not sure if it is an issue with our owners that he would not come back here.
Did he demanded the trade or was it the Blues.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Big League

Quote:
I believe the Ice Dogs were in a rebuild that year? I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine that it was a mutual agreement between the Ice Dogs and the Blues. It was probably a decision that was best for both teams?

Someone can confirm this - but didn't they get Strome or Perlini in that deal?
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I believe the Ice Dogs were in a rebuild that year? I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine that it was a mutual agreement between the Ice Dogs and the Blues. It was probably a decision that was best for both teams?

Someone can confirm this - but didn't they get Strome or Perlini in that deal?

Strome... we got Perlinin in tge Theoret trade
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,270 Times in 757 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Copied and pasted from a Sportsnet article...
Pietrangelo will head to Barrie along with disgruntled forward Chris DeSousa, who has not played since November. Goaltender Petteri Simila (Montreal draft pick) is also included in the package.

The package headed back to Niagara includes forward Ryan Strome, Danish defenceman Simon Gronvaldt, two second-round picks, a third-round pick and a ninth round pick.

Cannot remember how this trade came about

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 01-13-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added the last line
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,442 Times in 790 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Copied and pasted from a Sportsnet article...
Pietrangelo will head to Barrie along with disgruntled forward Chris DeSousa, who has not played since November. Goaltender Petteri Simila (Montreal draft pick) is also included in the package.

The package headed back to Niagara includes forward Ryan Strome, Danish defenceman Simon Gronvaldt, two second-round picks, a third-round pick and a ninth round pick.

Cannot remember how this trade came about

Niagara was rebuilding and Petro was returning from WJC. Desousa went home sulking and asked for a trade too.

I think McCourt was coaching that year.

Marty was still with the Colts ... ended up in Niagara the next season to coach Strome ... great deal.

I remember Petro being quite dominant ... watching him skate at the tiny Jack rink lol. #memories

I’m very surprised on the tenth anniversary of the Dogs being here that they did not retire a number ... Petro ... Aggy ... Strome ... Vizzer ... all worthy candidates ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk