Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,164   Msgs Posted: 118,219   Thread Views: 19,221,989   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,356 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default WHY THE FANS ARE THE 6TH MAN - NOT THE 7TH (Explanation)

NOTE: This msg is here to clear up the confusion, because not a month goes by when someone doesn't understand why the loud/supporting fans of a team are referred to as the 6th Man on the ice, and not the 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Margonis
i agree Joel. i don't see why the goalie wouldn;t count. wayne simmonds said 7th man to counter dahm sayin 6th man haha

Anyone who says 7th man should ALSO say it's a 6-on-5 powerplay when one team's down by a man, or a 6-on-4 powerplay when down 2 men instead of a 5-on-3 (I've NEVER heard anyone call it anything BUT a 5-on-3), and should call a 2-on-1 rush a 2-on-2. If they don't also do things like that, THEY'RE BEING HYPOCRITICAL AND HAVE NO RIGHT SAYING THE FANS ARE THE 7TH MAN!

And any time I've even heard NHL announcers call a crazy crowd being a 'man' on the ice, it's been the 6th man out there.

I think this is a point we're going to have to explain repeatedly over the next decade...

MEN ON THE ICE are referred to as SKATERS on the ice. Like when you have too many men they usually say "hey! they've got 6 guys out there!" Of COURSE all teams usually have 6 guys out there IF you count the goalie. But the goalie isn't counted as a 'skater', so the '6th man' is the one added to the # of skaters.

NOTE: If anyone asks the question again (I'm sure they will continually) just give the URL of this post. Hopefully it will clear up all the apparent confusion.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

you spelled explanation wrong in the title so i fixed it haha
Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,356 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGameTime View Post
you spelled explanation wrong in the title so i fixed it haha
Haha, the funny thing is, I ALWAYS spell it explanation - but then I thought, the root of the word is explain - so I decided to go with it
Closed Thread