Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,393    Downloads: 1,094,605   Msgs Posted: 119,971   Thread Views: 20,574,475   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Seemed more like an apology to Thomas for his not getting the job, kind of like "you'll have it next year".
I donít see it as an apology I just see it as him saying i had two choices (Jones and Thomas) and the choice was Jones
Old 09-04-2018, 10:16 PM

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,478 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít see it as an apology I just see it as him saying i had two choices (Jones and Thomas) and the choice was Jones
Really? You honestly think there were two choices? Either I missed many of Akil's finer moments or most of Ben's slipped past you
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Really? You honestly think there were two choices? Either I missed many of Akil's finer moments or most of Ben's slipped past you
I think they were only going to consider 2 guys and couldnít go wrong with either reality is itís just a letter on a jersey itís more for the fans than anything
Old 09-05-2018, 04:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,994 Times in 1,378 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Jones is a fine choice but Akil is right there as well IMO. I'm really not sure why people on the board don't give him his due.

Their stats over the past 2 year are virtually identical with Akil being almost almost a full calendar year younger. They play the same position and came out of the same minor midget program. Both guys work hard on the ice and both have put in their work in the off seasons to come back as better players. Both guys IMO have a shot at playing their way onto the junior team and have a shot at breaking some Icedog records this year.

Stats over the last 2 year combined.

Jones: 131 Games, 43 Goals, 129 Points
Thomas: 129 Games, 43 Goals, 129 Points
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 04:43 AM

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,478 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Jones is a fine choice but Akil is right there as well IMO. I'm really not sure why people on the board don't give him his due.
I guess it comes down to your definition of leadership. Stats are defining as a player but not the key ingredient to wear the "C" .
Old 09-05-2018, 08:23 AM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold

Thomas is nearly "a full calendar" year behind Jones - seniority reigns - he earned his dues - Thomas can earn his this year for the C next year. I hope Jones does a "Mantha" - his c year was exceptional in my humble opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Their stats over the past 2 year are virtually identical with Akil being almost almost a full calendar year younger. They play the same position and came out of the same minor midget program. Both guys work hard on the ice and both have put in their work in the off seasons to come back as better players. Both guys IMO have a shot at playing their way onto the junior team and have a shot at breaking some Icedog records this year.

I disagree... going by points sure but points dont make a leader... as far as im concerned Jones was the leader on this team even above Corneil.... Thomas is a solid played but i didnt really see much as far as leadership so to me it was Jones hands down... id have announces it at the end of last season
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I disagree... going by points sure but points dont make a leader... as far as im concerned Jones was the leader on this team even above Corneil.... Thomas is a solid played but i didnt really see much as far as leadership so to me it was Jones hands down... id have announces it at the end of last season
How do we know Jones is more of a leader than Thomas is now or than Corneil was we arenít around those players every day or in the room
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Watch the games watch all 3 players and you can visibly see it
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 12:32 PM
4th Line

Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:

I don't think it's fair to try and post those stats. For one Jones never got the same pampering as Thomas his first year. Also Jones never had to have players traded to help him with point production. Everything Jones has earned was through his own hard work. So I think there is no other candidates for the C. Everything is always about Thomas and rarely about other players so my point is Jones earned this let him have it without the need to throw in the consistent Thomas comments.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ohlfan1993 For This Useful Post: