Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,388    Downloads: 1,091,430   Msgs Posted: 119,885   Thread Views: 20,522,927   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-17-2018, 10:17 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Big League
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,394
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 505 Times in 399 Posts
dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Really? You think Thomas earned his spot. Thomas had the red carpet rolled out before him. He is a good player but nobody has ever been propped up as much. Jones earned his spot, nobody gave him anything.
Thomas got that treatment because he was a high pick in the O and project first rounder in the NHL
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-17-2018, 10:35 PM
Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Thomas got that treatment because he was a high pick in the O and project first rounder in the NHL
Was Jones not a higher pick by the Dogs? They did everything in there power to try and make Thomas a first rounder show me another player that got the same treatment? I'm with Red.

Last edited by Ohlfan1993; 09-17-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Big League
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,394
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 505 Times in 399 Posts
dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
Was Jones not a higher pick by the Dogs? They did everything in there power to try and make Thomas a first rounder show me another player that got the same treatment? I'm with Red.
Was Jones ever a projected first rounder in the NHL? Both are good players for us
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Was Jones ever a projected first rounder in the NHL? Both are good players for us
He might have been if he was given the same treatment but like Castleman we will never know now.if your going answer things like that theŮ I guess it's free rain to start calling out things that you maybe can't defend. Other forums thoughts about the team and Thomas are not what we would call Burke Believers
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-17-2018, 11:58 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Big League
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,394
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 505 Times in 399 Posts
dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
He might have been if he was given the same treatment but like Castleman we will never know now.if your going answer things like that theŮ I guess it's free rain to start calling out things that you maybe can't defend. Other forums thoughts about the team and Thomas are not what we would call Burke Believers
Did you anyone else who keeps saying jones didnít get the opportunityís Thomas got ever think about where this team was (jones was drafted and was a rookie on our last go for it year under Marty) rookies never get big roles those years especially with Marty as a coach he loved the vets. Akil came in under Bell as HC and Joey as GM they changed the way the team worked they let the younger kids play something Marty didnít really do. If Iím going to answer things like what exactly giving my opinion like everyone else? Itís alwsys free rain on here to call things out (for the most part anyway)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:14 AM
Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Did you anyone else who keeps saying jones didnít get the opportunityís Thomas got ever think about where this team was (jones was drafted and was a rookie on our last go for it year under Marty) rookies never get big roles those years especially with Marty as a coach he loved the vets. Akil came in under Bell as HC and Joey as GM they changed the way the team worked they let the younger kids play something Marty didnít really do. If Iím going to answer things like what exactly giving my opinion like everyone else? Itís alwsys free rain on here to call things out (for the most part anyway)
What other player got the PP time Thomas did first year? What other player as a rookie was constantly promoted as a 1%'er? What other player in there rookie year was so bad defensivly and never got moved to a weaker line or had to sit? What other player had a letter second year? What other player has there father and uncle or whatever hired by the team? What other player two years in a row gets top player traded specifically for him? Should I go on? this is the nice version... Like Red said develop more then one star at a time, You would swear your last name was Burke and how dare anyone say facts against the player all over the posters website ect... all this is common knowledge that many of us already know.* so how can you say he gets no special treatment? He was made by the team to be a 1st rounder much like Oshawa did with Dal Colle and how did that work out? But your saying he got all the chances because Marty only played vets? So what was the case with last year's crop of rookies or other 2nd year players?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 AM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Big League
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,394
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 505 Times in 399 Posts
dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
What other player got the PP time Thomas did first year? What other player as a rookie was constantly promoted as a 1%'er? What other player in there rookie year was so bad defensivly and never got moved to a weaker line or had to sit? What other player had a letter second year? What other player has there father and uncle or whatever hired by the team? What other player two years in a row gets top player traded specifically for him? Should I go on? this is the nice version... Like Red said develop more then one star at a time, You would swear your last name was Burke and how dare anyone say facts against the player all over the posters website ect... all this is common knowledge that many of us already know.* so how can you say he gets no special treatment? He was made by the team to be a 1st rounder much like Oshawa did with Dal Colle and how did that work out? But your saying he got all the chances because Marty only played vets? So what was the case with last year's crop of rookies or other 2nd year players?
I can say he doesnít get special treatment because none of us are the Burkeís so itís all based on everyoneís OPINION. No other rookies have gotten those minutes but those were under different coaches or management except for last year and the rookies wouldnít have gotten that opportunity last year because the team wanted to be good now saying we arenít going to be good like they did when Thomas was a rookie and IF they say the same thing next year (we arenít going to be that good and let the younger kids play) Iíd expect whoever they draft next summer to get the same opportunity Thomas got
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 AM
Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I can say he doesnít get special treatment because none of us are the Burkeís so itís all based on everyoneís OPINION. No other rookies have gotten those minutes but those were under different coaches or management except for last year and the rookies wouldnít have gotten that opportunity last year because the team wanted to be good now saying we arenít going to be good like they did when Thomas was a rookie and IF they say the same thing next year (we arenít going to be that good and let the younger kids play) Iíd expect whoever they draft next summer to get the same opportunity Thomas got
I stated facts and you still avoid them and come back with its just opinions what was said that is not true and can't be proved? Please stop with the anchoring I and many others feel the same. I understand trying to continue to argue a point you have a comittment to but don't assume everyone agree with your OPINION especially when your reply is like I don't think he gets special treatment because I say so... your not going to win this one or try to hide thing WE ALREADY KNOW
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:46 AM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Big League
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,394
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 505 Times in 399 Posts
dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
I stated facts and you still avoid them and come back with its just opinions what was said that is not true and can't be proved? Please stop with the anchoring I and many others feel the same. I understand trying to continue to argue a point you have a comittment to but don't assume everyone agree with your OPINION especially when your reply is like I don't think he gets special treatment because I say so... your not going to win this one or try to hide thing WE ALREADY KNOW
Who said I assumed everyone agreed with it Iím not saying something for people on here to agree with me Iím saying it cause itís how I feel about it I could honestly care less what people think about what I say Iím still gong to give an opinion
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:55 AM
Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Ohlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by othersOhlfan1993 is absolutely hated by others
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Who said I assumed everyone agreed with it I’m not saying something for people on here to agree with me I’m saying it cause it’s how I feel about it I could honestly care less what people think about what I say I’m still gong to give an opinion
Most people that are vocal with a opinion have some type of reason to back up why they feel that way. I don't feel you do so just throwing things out there and avoiding facts does not really make for a logical conversation. Feel how you want. care or don't care but obviously you saying things shows you do care and don't like anyone saying facts about Thomas. I'm done I have said my say nothing came back in the form of facts to disprove anything.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015