Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,843,086   Msgs Posted: 141,589   Thread Views: 49,070,869   Online Now: 127
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Rookie

hockeyfan19 is on a distinguished road

I know after 11-12 seasons that I have been paying for my two seats that I will not be coming back next season. Especially after everything that I’ve witnessed happening this season. It’s embarrassing and the level of incompetence that the owner/GM shows that he doesn’t know how to run a hockey organization. This isn’t the insurance world and it’s making my wonder how he was even successful there. I run a business. I understand what it takes for success. I am willing to invest in a product I believe in and my ROI is the enjoyment factor and I’m not longer getting that.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockeyfan19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2023, 10:45 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,526 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I have been a STH since day 1

I cut down to one season ticket after BBs playoff coaching stupidity that cost us a great chance to win it all

I really think this season is the last straw for me. 99% sure for me. My kids may be the ones who tell me not to.

This is now several years where we have not had someone in a significant position that that deserved to be there and I am just tired of it

BB did not deserve to be a head coach
I give JB a bit of slack he was ok although looking like their 2020 draft was a debacle in hindsight

And of course DDD takes the cake

Do not get me wrong I will likely still go to close to the same number of games possibly slightly less

But I will just buy multi pack tickets and show this clown of an owner that another STH does not have faith in him

I think STH decrease will be staggering this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 02:10 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Unfortunately, the only way for fans to make their point is by using the "power of the purse". In other words, when people stop buying tickets, and he starts losing money, That is the difference maker. Sad, but true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Exactly!!
Thats why we need to revolt:: make signs, start a chant at game, protest in front of business lobby,,etc.
Any other suggestions?
I agree with both of you. If fans stop buying tickets, the Icedogs will lose money and it wouldnít take long for DeDobbelaer to put up the for sale sign.

But I also think if fans starting chanting Sell The Team or something similar it would make things uncomfortable for DeDobbelaer, and he would likely either start running the team properly or sell it. At the very least it would show him how unhappy Icedogs fans are.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 02:18 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,077 Times in 872 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I agree with both of you. If fans stop buying tickets, the Icedogs will lose money and it wouldnít take long for DeDobbelaer to put up the for sale sign.

But I also think if fans starting chanting Sell The Team or something similar it would make things uncomfortable for DeDobbelaer, and he would likely either start running the team properly or sell it. At the very least it would show him how unhappy Icedogs fans are.
I donít think a chant is going to do what you think it will IMO
Old 02-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,033 Times in 2,267 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan19 View Post
I know after 11-12 seasons that I have been paying for my two seats that I will not be coming back next season. Especially after everything that Iíve witnessed happening this season. Itís embarrassing and the level of incompetence that the owner/GM shows that he doesnít know how to run a hockey organization. This isnít the insurance world and itís making my wonder how he was even successful there. I run a business. I understand what it takes for success. I am willing to invest in a product I believe in and my ROI is the enjoyment factor and Iím not longer getting that.

I am voting with my wallet as well. I don't believe subtle messages would work, nor do I believe he would listen to reason. He is determined to do exactly what he wants, and so will I.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:36 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,392 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Great analogy. Thatís too funny.

I want to go back to the time when I was proud to be an Icedogs fans. I see so many posts on social media where fans from other teams say they feel sorry for Icedogs fans or that Icedogs fans deserve better. I have even seen some fans complain about their team but then say at least itís not as bad as the Icedogs situation. How did it come to this? The Icedogs were such a great story for all of Niagara and now they are a joke.
Mom and Dad decided to put their boys in the spotlight and we saw how that turned out. My wife and I had many conversations with Mom and Dan in many cities when we road tripped a lot. Today, sadly, we watch some of each game on TV. We had seasons from year one. During the tailend of the season that covid stopped the season with two home games left, we had decided that it was time to move on. We had some great times, many, many road trips including over-nighters and made many new friends while on our advanture. All that being said, it was time to move on and today, seeing what we are seeing, we are sort of glad about the decision that we made. End of rant. Thank you for the fun times.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2023, 08:54 AM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Do you really think he will hold onto those three thru all of next year? Lol

When the trade period starts again I am sure the floodgates will open with his nonsensical trading

He made what a gazillion trades to get three decent players?

Lol

That is a horrible trade record, he should not be too proud of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Unfortunately, the only way for fans to make their point is by using the "power of the purse". In other words, when people stop buying tickets, and he starts losing money, That is the difference maker. Sad, but true.
DDD has to be hemorraging money already, no? If he is the tightwad we hear about ( eg. players not staying over on road trips, food for media etc. ) what are the chances he lasts more than another year as owner?
Old 02-05-2023, 02:18 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
DDD has to be hemorraging money already, no? If he is the tightwad we hear about ( eg. players not staying over on road trips, food for media etc. ) what are the chances he lasts more than another year as owner?
He is still making money as our attendance is still very solid. With the Icedogs decrease in spending, the attendance will need to decrease by a lot before he starts losing money.
Old 02-05-2023, 02:48 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,053 Times in 717 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
He is still making money as our attendance is still very solid. With the Icedogs decrease in spending, the attendance will need to decrease by a lot before he starts losing money.
You have to be careful with those attendance figures. Just because they sold a ticket, doesn't mean somebody actually came to the game and purchased a beer, hot dog and tshirt. Just anecdotal, but I am seeing empty seats around me more often than in past years and all the seats around me a Season Tickets.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:00 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,526 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Ice Dogs Bid for Memorial Cup

Quote:

Last night my boys team was at the game

We were supposed to go but at the last minute we had a surprise 50th birthday party to go to so we had to cancel

However their group sales deal was $15 for a ticket a large popcorn and I believe a drink as well

So that probably explains why crowds have increased drastically if there are deals available like that

Good on the Dogs for doing that especially for kids sports teams as they are the future fans

But that explains some of these large crowds that seem to be happening especially on Saturdays

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: