Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,621,977   Msgs Posted: 129,754   Thread Views: 26,725,335   Online Now: 106
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:20 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
This is the year we sell. Anyone who can fetch value in a trade has to go, and by that I mean real value not the pocket-picking trades we have seen. If there isn't a decent return, we are better off keeping them.
Once again, a healthy Paquette would bring us a boat load from a contending team., I would not trade him just for the sake of trading him.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the year we sell. Anyone who can fetch value in a trade has to go, and by that I mean real value not the pocket-picking trades we have seen. If there isn't a decent return, we are better off keeping them.
Trade returns might start getting interesting and less than expected as the picks that can be traded gets smaller and smaller (years )
Old 07-16-2019, 02:03 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
rather obvious
Old 07-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I am in with moving Thomas when the time is right, but, Tomasino is going nowhere this season, In my books anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the Burkes focus on building a fortress that is tough to score on,
I have always been of the opinion that they build teams that they know can give up a lot of goals in few dozen games. The focus was to out score the opposition in games like that with a high flying offense.

Fun to watch I suppose but clearly that is not getting us to the Memorial Cup.

I like this early focus on the D. You have to lower the soft goals ... .and the damn easy goals we give up when we are supposed to be on a power play! That alone costs of 4 or 5 games each season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am in with moving Thomas when the time is right, but, Tomasino is going nowhere this season, In my books anyway.
Exactly my feelings and hope.

We may need Tomasino in 20/21 playoff run if our D comes together fast and one of our young Goalies turns into a solid starter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 07:04 AM

Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,867 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
rather obvious
You'd think so but the team has a history of spending when they should be saving and trading for peanuts because "something is better than nothing" .
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 12:28 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Exactly my feelings and hope.

We may need Tomasino in 20/21 playoff run if our D comes together fast and one of our young Goalies turns into a solid starter.
So you think we may not trade Tomasino this coming season or the next? That would be a disaster. The IceDogs are in a huge whole right now. Players drafted in the first 3 rounds are what most teams use to win. We have no players from the first 3 rounds from the 2018 draft and only 2 players from this year’s draft. Looking forward we are missing our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks next draft and our 1st and 2nd round picks the draft after that. In total we are missing one 1st round pick, 6 second round picks and 4 third round picks over the next 6 years. The team is in horrible shape for the future.

The only way to fix this is to trade what we can to recoup draft picks and acquire young high end players. If the Icedogs keep their older players to make the playoffs, we will end up at the bottom of the standings for the next 5 years.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I stated above that Tomasino is going nowhere this season (unless a deal that cannot be turned down- very, very large return)'
But, next season, he will bring a fortune in picks and player.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
So you think we may not trade Tomasino this coming season or the next? That would be a disaster. The IceDogs are in a huge whole right now. Players drafted in the first 3 rounds are what most teams use to win. We have no players from the first 3 rounds from the 2018 draft and only 2 players from this year’s draft. Looking forward we are missing our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks next draft and our 1st and 2nd round picks the draft after that. In total we are missing one 1st round pick, 6 second round picks and 4 third round picks over the next 6 years. The team is in horrible shape for the future.

The only way to fix this is to trade what we can to recoup draft picks and acquire young high end players. If the Icedogs keep their older players to make the playoffs, we will end up at the bottom of the standings for the next 5 years.
I don’t think they’ll keep the older guys to make the playoffs all season but I think they keep them until around Christmas and who knows what shape they’re in standing wise by then as for when to trade Tomasino I want to say next year but with the gap closing in terms up picks you are able to trade might be smarter/better to do it in January