Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,574,226   Msgs Posted: 128,709   Thread Views: 25,857,481   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does not Translate

Hereís a question that will get us thinking hockey in the dead of summer:
Have you noticed that as many star-quality players as weíve had here in Niagara with the IceDogs over the years(all 12 of them), why have so few of them been able to make an impact( I guess you would call Petro and Vince Dunn winning the Stanley Cup in St.Louis an Ďimpactí)in the NHL? Mark Visentin, Josh Ho-Sang, Carter Verhaeghe, Ryan Strome, Kirill Maxsimov of more recent vintage comes to mind.. All good players, but for whatever reason they just have not been able to put it together in the show..
Why do you think that is?
Old 07-04-2019, 08:23 AM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Andrew Shaw has won cups
Dougie Hamilton is a quality top 4 dman (top pair on a lot of teams)
Ryan Strome is a great 3C in the league (Edmonton was dumb to trade him)
Kirill Maxsimov hasn't even hit the pro pranks yet but is regarded as a top 10 prospect in a very deep Edmonton pool
Petro is a top 10 dman in the league and has been for a long time. More than just "I guess you can say impact" and Vince Dunn is a solid top 4 guy as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Hereís a question that will get us thinking hockey in the dead of summer:
Have you noticed that as many star-quality players as weíve had here in Niagara with the IceDogs over the years(all 12 of them), why have so few of them been able to make an impact( I guess you would call Petro and Vince Dunn winning the Stanley Cup in St.Louis an Ďimpactí)in the NHL? Mark Visentin, Josh Ho-Sang, Carter Verhaeghe, Ryan Strome, Kirill Maxsimov of more recent vintage comes to mind.. All good players, but for whatever reason they just have not been able to put it together in the show..
Why do you think that is?
Correct me Iím wrong guys but Iím pretty sure Visentin was injury. Verhaeghe will likely be in the NHL next year Maksimov in a few years (if the oilers donít ruin him like others.) I remember having questions about Ho-Sang years ago but people on here just jumped all over me about it I donít know if he can stick in the NHL
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,512 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Golden Knights prospect Ben Jones

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...first-1698068/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2019, 08:13 AM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Correct me Iím wrong guys but Iím pretty sure Visentin was injury. Verhaeghe will likely be in the NHL next year Maksimov in a few years (if the oilers donít ruin him like others.) I remember having questions about Ho-Sang years ago but people on here just jumped all over me about it I donít know if he can stick in the NHL
Oilers haven't ruined anyone. They have just as many busts as most other franchises, it just shows more on them because they've had more higher picks than most. You'll see it with any team who has a run of high picks.

Edmonton until 3 years ago when Keith Gretzky came in, was simply terrible at drafting in the deeper rounds, and they now have Ken Holland who likes top over-ripen prospects. If Maksimov puts the work in he will be just fine. He's going to the team with the best center depth in the league, desperate for scoring wingers.