Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,809,516   Msgs Posted: 139,240   Thread Views: 45,718,386   Online Now: 59
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Should the IceDogs Get a New Image?
Yes - out with the old tarnish in with something fresh! 2 13.33%
Hell Yes - should have been done sooner! 1 6.67%
No - there is nothing wrong with what we have! 7 46.67%
Hell No - too much change will affect the club's image! 0 0%
Maybe - see what they come up with? 2 13.33%
Who Cares? 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2022, 05:39 PM
4th Line

poochlover has a spectacular aura aboutpoochlover has a spectacular aura about

Bring back the Burke Boys as mascots and they can teach the kids the "C" word!!!
Old 07-28-2022, 09:10 AM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The existing Bones is not the same as the original costume, and not the same as the original Mississauga mascot. So you're saying the concept of Bones is sound but could it have a refresh?
The original mascot from Mississauga was named Blue (presumably after Cherry's dog). This is according to a friend of mine who was a fan of the team when they were in Mississauga.

I always liked the snarling icedog logo from old Mississauga jerseys. I don't think that that logo would make a good mascot. I like the mascot matching the jersey logo. It reinforces brand recognition. Look at Hamilton for instance. Bruiser looks nothing like the jersey logo and certainly nothing like a Bulldog. In Kitchener, Tex (Supposedly a Texas Ranger?) almost frightens my granddaughters.

Refresh, it could be argued that special occasion and team jersey changes are a refresh. As far as a body and face goes, there could be all sorts of directions that it could take with no particular group satisfied. What really seems to matter is that the kids love it. That's what keeps them wanting to come back when they are young.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:31 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,198 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I love the snarling dog as the logo. The mascot can stay cute-ish.