Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,809,399   Msgs Posted: 139,232   Thread Views: 45,715,552   Online Now: 69
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: What happens now?
Bill and Denise fire their sons and hire new staff. 0 0%
Bill and Denise sell the team. 11 64.71%
Bill and Denise avoid commenting and ride out the storm. 6 35.29%
Something else (aka, who cares) 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2022, 11:54 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,303 Times in 889 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I don’t see a scenario where they don’t sell. There has been news reports of them selling back in 2019 https://niagaraindependent.ca/dogs-for-sale/

Now with all the negative publicity and newspapers covering the “Icedogs Scandal” throughout Canada and even the US, owning the team can’t be fun. Attendance and sponsorship will decline next year as I have seen so many negative comments about the Icedogs on social media.

As well, the OHL stated that “Joey and Billy Burke will have the opportunity to apply for reinstatement no sooner than June 1, 2024.” There is no guarantee they will be reinstated. As well, the suspension was announced before the transcript of the conversation was leaked and before the much criticized statement/apology. If the OHL reinstates the Burke boys, the whole incident will once again make headlines, which is the last thing the OHL wants. Personally I think originally the OHL may have reinstated the boys after their 2 year suspension. However, with everything that has happened since the suspension announcement, I really can’t see it.
Doubt attendance will suffer no idea about sponsors
Old 04-16-2022, 11:56 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,303 Times in 889 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochlover View Post
Tonight is Billet appreciation night. A nice TWIST woud be to have one of the two Burke BOZOS call them,tell them they are Horse Dung,use profanity to give the a real Ice Dogs experience. Then the controller could call them and say it didnt happen!!
That was last Sunday no incident tonight they honour Van Loon and Betts for their over age year .May also honour Gushchin has well.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:29 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

This message board is referenced in a Standard article today:

Quote:
The rumours of the team being for sale are nothing new, and Burke has denied the team was up for sale. In a previous interview, when asked about the source of the persistent speculation, Burke said the IceDogs team wasn’t on the market, but if someone approached him with an offer, as a businessman, he would listen.

One recent message board includes a rumour that Canada Summer Games CEO Doug Hamilton was putting together a group to purchase the team.

Hamilton is the father of former IceDogs star defenceman Dougie Hamilton, who was a first-round draft pick of the NHL’s Boston Bruins in 2011 and is currently playing for the New Jersey Devils after signing a seven-year contract worth $63 million.

“The rumour that I am leading a group that will purchase the IceDogs is not correct,” Doug Hamilton said. “I have not been involved in any negotiations regarding the purchase of the IceDogs.”
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...t-scorers.html
Old 04-18-2022, 07:56 AM
3rd Line

Bleechers has a spectacular aura aboutBleechers has a spectacular aura aboutBleechers has a spectacular aura about

With experience with the Burke family in business dealings with the IceDog organization, it is not surprising that this has occurred at all. What is amazing is that it took this amount of time for something to go public.
If anybody believes this is only a Billy/Joey occurrence, you are completely mistaken. The Burke family and IceDog organization are all masters of smoke screens for self-reputation.
But what I hope to see happen, is a sale to a group that will show professionalism, honesty, and dedication to the team and staff, but also to the City of St.Catharines, and the entire Niagara Region which it represents.

Last edited by Bleechers; 04-18-2022 at 09:09 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleechers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2022, 09:43 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Don't see an assistant manager anymore under hockey operations?
Old 04-18-2022, 09:44 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,407 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Don't see an assistant manager anymore under hockey operations?

Who was it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2022, 09:53 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Brandon Currie
Old 04-18-2022, 10:48 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
This message board is referenced in a Standard article today:

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...t-scorers.html
This article definitely leads me to believe the Icedogs are for sale. In the past Bill Burke has dismissed rumours the team is for sale but for this article he “didn’t return phone calls offering the team a chance to comment on this story”.

As well Darren DeDobbelaer said he had “no comment” when asked about him purchasing the team. That seems to indicate he likely is trying to purchase it.

It was also a little odd that Doug Hamilton said “The rumour that I am leading a group that will purchase the IceDogs is not correct.” That statement can be interpreted many ways. My response would have been to ask if he is part of a group interested in buying the Icedogs where he is not the lead person.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2022, 09:24 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not read too much into Bill Burke not wanting to talk with the press recently. I can't say I blame him for that at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2022, 05:31 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,407 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
I would not read too much into Bill Burke not wanting to talk with the press recently. I can't say I blame him for that at all.

You cannot blame him for not talking to the media, especially with what has happened the past few weeks. He is doing what we said JB BB and that controller should have done - not say anything to the media.

Smart move Bill Sr.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: