Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,809,516   Msgs Posted: 139,235   Thread Views: 45,717,670   Online Now: 58
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: What happens now?
Bill and Denise fire their sons and hire new staff. 0 0%
Bill and Denise sell the team. 11 64.71%
Bill and Denise avoid commenting and ride out the storm. 6 35.29%
Something else (aka, who cares) 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2022, 10:39 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,408 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Well it really is too bad that they may have left on such a sour note if the sale does in fact happen. However I still think that the sale was being contemplated prior to their sons stupidity . These things do not just develop over the span of a week or two it takes months and months of negotiations and due diligence.

We have a lot to be grateful for Bill and Denise Burke. We would not have that beautiful arena without their dedication to building a regional fan base and I am sure hours upon hours of lobbying for it to get done. I hate to say it but the worst move they made was appointing their sons in charge of important positions. And we all knew it was going to happen eventually. But wow did that ever blow up in their faces.

I wonder when they were calling the scouting staff horse **** if the boys knew the team was going to be sold?

They basically ruined what could have been a lucrative career for them as GM and coach and eventual owners.

I hope the devil we do not know is not worse than the devils we knew lol

I am really looking forward to some new voices in the GM spot and on the bench.

I really hope this goes through.

The last couple of years feels like a black cloud hanging over this franchise because of the Burke show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2022, 11:12 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,306 Times in 1,413 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Marty Williamson must be laughing his ass off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2022, 08:26 AM
Curmudgeon

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Marty Williamson must be laughing his ass off.

I was thinking that as I was typing my message . . .

Old 04-30-2022, 09:47 AM
4th Line

poochlover has a spectacular aura aboutpoochlover has a spectacular aura about

Marty is a true professional both on and off the ice! The same cannot be said or these clowns!, oh and yes ,he knows how win!,
Old 04-30-2022, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how many people on here wanted to get rid of Marty
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2022, 02:48 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,387 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I was one of the people that suggested that the team should move on from Marty as I thought and many others did that he had lost the room.
Never, ever did I ever think that the unimaginable would happen. Never thought the Burkes would sacrifice the franchise over their boys. . Oops. Wrong
Old 04-30-2022, 07:59 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I was one of the people that suggested that the team should move on from Marty as I thought and many others did that he had lost the room.
Never, ever did I ever think that the unimaginable would happen. Never thought the Burkes would sacrifice the franchise over their boys. . Oops. Wrong

Well I was totally expecting the boys would eventually be GM and coach of the team the writing was on the wall

I figured maybe they wouldn?t get those titles until like their forties though lol

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2022, 08:10 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,198 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochlover View Post
Marty is a true professional both on and off the ice! The same cannot be said or these clowns!, oh and yes ,he knows how win!,
If he knows how to, why isn't there a championship banner hanging in the Meridian Centre?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Grump

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Funny how many people on here wanted to get rid of Marty
He had a great team and couldn't finish (again), it was time to go. I had hoped they would get someone better, rather than worse. I stand by my "want".
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2022, 08:12 PM
Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Well I was totally expecting the boys would eventually be GM and coach of the team the writing was on the wall

I figured maybe they wouldn?t get those titles until like their forties though lol
I thought they would retain Assistant GM and Assistant HC in perpetuity.