Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,809,399   Msgs Posted: 139,231   Thread Views: 45,715,288   Online Now: 65
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:32 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,407 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
That is probably the heart of the matter, finish last. Ownership in question. No idea who the coach is. Number one pick defects to Chicago... tough sell.

I suspect that is the crux of the problem too.

What a gong show

I suspect the first rounder defects and is traded as well to recoup some of the picks he spent in the off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2022, 07:12 AM
Grump

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,198 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I suspect that is the crux of the problem too.

What a gong show

I suspect the first rounder defects and is traded as well to recoup some of the picks he spent in the off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he is playing in Chicago, it would have to be speculation that he would one day return to the OHL. Otherwise, the USHL doesn't give up a thing to keep Silent Sam.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:14 AM
Grump

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Hiring a decent coaching staff and GM might have been a good way to start.
Agreed! Maybe they have someone lined up? The embargo on information is a childish way for the OHL to operate.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:37 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed! Maybe they have someone lined up? The embargo on information is a childish way for the OHL to operate.
I think the delay and secrecy is on purpose. That something else is happening and we just donít see it yet. Because clearly the new owner is already in the process of changing the team. That would not happen if he didnít own it.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for a pleasant surprise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 04:37 PM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

correct me if Im wrong...If Dickinson does not report, we get a second first rounder next year, even if we trade his rights this year (probably to London!), so next years draft looks pretty strong for us. Perhaps these moves to make us stronger this year convince him to report. If things go for a crap, near the trading deadline we can hopefully trade the over agers to contenders for a recoup of our picks....seemed like we gave up a lot, but sick of sitting in the stands watching us stink the place out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 04:56 PM
Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
correct me if Im wrong...If Dickinson does not report, we get a second first rounder next year, even if we trade his rights this year (probably to London!), so next years draft looks pretty strong for us. Perhaps these moves to make us stronger this year convince him to report. If things go for a crap, near the trading deadline we can hopefully trade the over agers to contenders for a recoup of our picks....seemed like we gave up a lot, but sick of sitting in the stands watching us stink the place out!
I hear you, and from a business standpoint, I think the new owner HAD TO do something. More of the same and the fan base would wither further. If he hires a decent coach and has some older talent around, you may get Silent Sam to report. Failing that, you have to determine who he would report to and trade for a bunch of picks, or dig deep and hold his rights for a few years (the Chicago Steel, are not exactly stainless).
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,029 Times in 835 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hear you, and from a business standpoint, I think the new owner HAD TO do something. More of the same and the fan base would wither further. If he hires a decent coach and has some older talent around, you may get Silent Sam to report. Failing that, you have to determine who he would report to and trade for a bunch of picks, or dig deep and hold his rights for a few years (the Chicago Steel, are not exactly stainless).
Do we have faith in him hiring a decent coach though that’s the question I thinks he’s bringing the 99ers staff with him (just a guess though) and if that’s the case I don’t know if that’s a decent move or not but I’d say not
Old 07-02-2022, 09:00 PM
Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Do we have faith in him hiring a decent coach though thatís the question I thinks heís bringing the 99ers staff with him (just a guess though) and if thatís the case I donít know if thatís a decent move or not but Iíd say not
That is the big unknown right now. I can't see him taking that level of talent to the OHL and leaving the 99ers with nothing. In the absence of information, people are free to speculate, to fear, to doubt, and to criticize. I am going to wait until I know.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:08 AM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

The sale of the Icedogs was announced 7 weeks ago by the IceDogs organization. Itís less than 2 months before training camp starts and the OHL still has not approved the sale. I think that tells you something right there.

Were all these trades done to force the OHL to approve the sale of the team to DeDobbelaer? The chess match continues.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:30 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is nothing actually wrong. That they are waiting for something else to happen before the "official" announcement is made.

Clearly the new owner is already calling the shots for the company.