Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,809,447   Msgs Posted: 139,232   Thread Views: 45,716,112   Online Now: 73
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-11-2022, 01:20 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,198 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
All those Brantford teams sucked. Why would it change here...lol
I know it isn't expected of me to say anything optimistic, but brace yourself, because I'm gonna!

We just endured a horrible period of hockey coaching and management, that I am glad to see end. We had good owners that put too much trust in their sons.

Now we have new owners, and while there is a definite Brantford flavour to things, at least he has hired people with a resume. Would I have liked to see a bigger name swoop in and set things right in the first year? Well of course I would, and probably many of you reading this are busy nodding your head (or gathering your pitch forks and torches).

It has been echoed here that literally "anyone" would have been better than Billy & Joey. Let's see what happens. Last year at the end of the season we debated cashing in our STH membership card. As of right now, we have a spark of optimism. The problem with the previous regime was they were bad but expected to win. If this new crew come in humble but actually try, who knows what could happen (cue soundtrack for the LVGK first year)?

There you go, one reasonably un-grumpy message.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 01:27 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,387 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

As kind of expected, the new owner has brought in his crew from Brantford. This fan site will now explode for the next couple of weeks. Chat with all of you in a couple of weeks
Old 07-11-2022, 03:08 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,029 Times in 835 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I know it isn't expected of me to say anything optimistic, but brace yourself, because I'm gonna!

We just endured a horrible period of hockey coaching and management, that I am glad to see end. We had good owners that put too much trust in their sons.

Now we have new owners, and while there is a definite Brantford flavour to things, at least he has hired people with a resume. Would I have liked to see a bigger name swoop in and set things right in the first year? Well of course I would, and probably many of you reading this are busy nodding your head (or gathering your pitch forks and torches).

It has been echoed here that literally "anyone" would have been better than Billy & Joey. Let's see what happens. Last year at the end of the season we debated cashing in our STH membership card. As of right now, we have a spark of optimism. The problem with the previous regime was they were bad but expected to win. If this new crew come in humble but actually try, who knows what could happen (cue soundtrack for the LVGK first year)?

There you go, one reasonably un-grumpy message.
I will agree on the billy front but I donít think joey was that bad as GM itís nice that they have a resume but I personally wouldíve liked if one of them had coaching experience in the league at least
Old 07-11-2022, 03:18 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,198 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I will agree on the billy front but I donít think joey was that bad as GM
He was... first of all he failed in his prime duty (should have fired the head coach). Secondly, his conduct was equally as bad if not worse than his brothers. And lastly, although he did a good job of selling off assets to recoup picks, he didn't do enough to attract new talent and convince them to report and I am still scratching my head at some of the players he did retain.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,029 Times in 835 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
He was... first of all he failed in his prime duty (should have fired the head coach). Secondly, his conduct was equally as bad if not worse than his brothers. And lastly, although he did a good job of selling off assets to recoup picks, he didn't do enough to attract new talent and convince them to report and I am still scratching my head at some of the players he did retain.
Firstly he was never going to fire family (or even be allowed to) secondly Iím not saying his conduct was ok I was talking just about the teams he put together and moves he made
Old 07-11-2022, 06:09 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Firstly he was never going to fire family (or even be allowed to) secondly I’m not saying his conduct was ok I was talking just about the teams he put together and moves he made
Joey's credentials were ZERO; right out of school wasn't he? How could the Burkes' expect anything beyond what they got
& yet our Region still supported them faithfully.

The new guys will be 'over their collective heads' & it will take a few years to build up some credibility where we can attract some talented players again, build via the draft, be very lucky & even perhaps hire some people with OHL experience!!